Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trothatl
Roku Guru

Web-based Channel Store Limiting Number of Apps Displayed

Roku's web-based channel store has always provided a full list of the thousands of Roku apps available, instead of the pared-down listings of 200 per category in the on-device streaming store. However, I noticed this weekend that the website channel store is now showing only a handful of apps in each category.

The channel store shows 4 apps per row in an infinite-scroll format (new rows automatically load as you scroll down). As of this afternoon, Music & Podcasts, Sports, and Comedy each display only six rows (24 apps) and then the same 24 apps keep repeating over and over as you scroll down. Food & Home shows 24 rows (96 apps) that also keep repeating ad infinitum. Movies & TV displays 54 rows (216 apps), but, curiously, this is up from 18 rows (72 apps) that were displaying this morning.

This happens for me in both Chrome and Firefox. I also tried it in Chrome on my cell phone, where apps display one per row, and still have the limited number of apps before they repeat.

I'm just wondering if anyone else using the website's channel store has noticed this issue? I'm hoping this is a glitch and not a decision by Roku to limit the ability to browse apps. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
trothatl
Roku Guru

Re: Web-based Channel Store Limiting Number of Apps Displayed

Update: Every category in the web-based Roku channel store is now limited to displaying only 24 apps. After that, the same 24 apps in each category just repeat over and over.

0 Kudos