Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fishface
Streaming Star

YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Over the last 4-6 wks when I’m in the YouTube TV menu, abive and below where I am scrolling is blurred and pixilated.  This is seemingly the only channel it happens on and does not clear if I do a system reset.  When this happens it seems somewhat slower in response, otherwise not a problem.  My reason for questioning is my curiousity if others are also experiencing this and if it could be a sign of other problems to come.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kdaz
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Thank you thank you

I tried the same adjustments and it worked

problem is I do not want 720p - I want 4K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
74 REPLIES 74
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fishface,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing YouTube TV and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart(If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

Please let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kdaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having exact same issue

did all suggestions 

none worked

help needed

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kdaz,

Thanks for letting us know.

As per what the previous moderator provided, have you tried performing a channel reboot by removing, restarting, and adding the channel? Also, during playback on YouTube TV, please click on the star button on your remote for additional picture settings provided by the app. You can also manage the display by going to the settings and choosing your resolution.

Please let us know what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janaddee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
at0micpunks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue but really only noticeable on sporting events, particularly NFL and NCAA football games. I also posted this today but I plugged in a Google chromecast into my Roku tv and the resolution on the Youtube.TV app, on Chromecast, is much better. Makes me wondering if Google is throttling non-google streamers. I also have Google fiber so internet speed is not an issue.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @at0micpunks,

Thank you for keeping us posted on this issue!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the YouTube channel, but we will need to gather more information. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you send us a photo of your running problem?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
at0micpunks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It seems to come in and out of clarity and it's happening on other TVs in the house as well. I've tried changing the resolution on the TV, removing the app, restarting the TV using the settings/power/restart and have rebooted my Google Fiber connection although I don't seem to have any issues with resolution on other apps or even programs within Youtube.tv. It just seems to impact sports as far as I can tell.

nfl-blurry.jpg

0 Kudos
Truk81

Jump to solution

Same problem. Removed the app and reinstalled YouTubeTV and saw no difference. Finally I did a factory reset on the whole Roku and reinstalled all apps including YouTubeTV and still experienced the same pixelation problem when browsing the menu.

Does anyone at Roku actually read these forums?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Truk81,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • A specific movie or TV show (season and episode) where the issue occurs.
  • Have you clicked on the star button during playback to check for additional picture settings besides adjusting the display resolution through the Roku settings?

Please keep us updated so we can continue helping.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marcsman

Jump to solution

I’ve had same issues with pixelated problem on YouTube “Home” screen when scrolling down. Tried all suggestions above as well. 
Roku streambar
amazon fire tv 55 inch

0 Kudos