Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
interstateking
Reel Rookie

I am having issues with apps kicking me out

Hello,

I just got me a Hiserise Roku TV and some of the apps like Paramount Plus, Newson keep kicking me out.  I did everything I could but nothing works.  This is a pain in the **bleep** to not enjoy the apps that I like.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: I am having issues with apps kicking me out

Hi @interstateking

Welcome to Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Could you provide the troubleshooting steps taken to resolve the issue? Do you receive an error message or code? 

For additional resources, I suggest visiting our support page. It has a lot of information and troubleshooting steps that may be helpful to resolve the issue: How to resolve a channel playback issue

With more details, we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
interstateking
Reel Rookie

well when I click on the app like Newson, at first, it either freezes and after that it kicks me out.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@interstateking

Thanks for the update! 

Have you tried to manually update your Roku TV and see if there's any difference? If not, follow the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select System update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If still no luck, we also suggest you check the wireless signal if you are connected wireless to the network, it may be due to a slow network. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Binge Watcher

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

Roku is definitely a piece of **bleep**. Constantly doing it to us different channels at different times. Tried all the solutions and it comes back if it even ever works so we don't know what to do besides take a sledgehammer to this piece of **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @oddjobs2do,

Saw your post!

Thanks for the post. We're sorry to hear about the issue you are facing with your Roku device and that's not what we aim for.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Which specific streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  2. Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  3. Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  4. What Roku model device are you using?
  5. Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Binge Watcher

It happens on all kinds of streaming channels. Spectrum, netfix, Prime Video, Hulu etc.

No messages or error code that just goes back to the home screen for Roku when you power up the TV basically the same thing.

No connection changes recently.

It is happening on multiple devices period all of these devices are Roku TVs. 50 Roku Philips TV 50PFL4756, a Hisense TV and aTCL TV. I hear the problem is with the Roku TVs that the chipset is just not good enough and they're basically throw away TVs. Apparently they can't handle the amount of data and requirements of the processor to handle all the apps period I don't know if that's true but...

The exact steps I am doing to have the issue occur every time it does occur is I simply click on an app to open it up such a Spectrum or Hulu or Netflix, we begin watching whatever we want to watch and once we start watching something after about a minute sometimes less sometimes more all the sudden what we're watching just disappears and the TV goes back to the Roku home screen where all the apps are.o basically we're not doing anything but just sitting there trying to enjoy a movie and it just disappears.

Thxs

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @oddjobs2do

Thanks for the post. 

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going back to the home screen, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in resolves the issue.

Also, try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting steps: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Kar

0 Kudos