Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seth289

Anyway to turn off YouTube screen savers?

A few days ago my Roku YouTube app started playing "Screensaver" videos if I pause it for more than 2 or so minutes instead of the default Roku clock one. When I hit up or play to resume what I was watching, it will play a screensaver video instead, requiring me to go back and to my history to continue what I was watching. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any settings in the YouTube or Roku app to turn this off. What can I do?

8 REPLIES 8
smgvbest
Reel Rookie

Re: Anyway to turn off YouTube screen savers?

Same here,   its extremely annoying.  not to mention everything that pops up in it I have zero interest in.

mamsimon

From the Roku home screen go to Settings>Theme>Theme packs>restore default.

0 Kudos
smgvbest
Reel Rookie

that does not work.  its specific to youtube

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a hard time turning off your screensaver. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

• Turn off screensaver time: You can disable the screensaver by going to Settings > Theme > Screensaver start time (under Additional settings section) > Disable screensaver.

If the problem persists, please keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smgvbest
Reel Rookie

Its always been disabled on my Roku and verified it still is.

The issue only happens when watching youtube on Roku.   

No other place in roku is doing this,  only youtube.

AngRam

Please help! This is very annoying, as explained previously. When pressing UP, like the instructions states, it does not takes you to what you were watching. What a pain the lower back!!!!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AngRam,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with the Screen saver. Help is here. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuJohnB?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

I sometimes wonder if the moderators actually read the posts they reply to, or are just giving canned answers. It's a youtube app problem; changing the Roku system Screensaver will do diddly squat (I don't even know why anyone would use a "screensaver" nowadays anyway, but that's a topic for another day).