Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
87wagon
Reel Rookie

Re: Choppy Audio on OTA Channel

I forgot to include the channel that has the problem -- Channel 2 KATU in Portland OR

87 wagon

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@87wagon,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the extra details!

We'll go ahead and forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll make sure to keep this thread posted once we have an update available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jgurrad
Reel Rookie

Hi there,

I'm an engineer at KATU, and I have taken several call from viewers in our area with this same problem. All ROKU tv's receiving us over the air. That's how I ended up finding this thread. . . been going on for about a month from what I'm hearing.

I've been out in their neighborhoods with a professional signal analyser and I can assure you it's not a problem with our broadcast. 

Justin

0 Kudos
yort
Roku Guru

@jgurrad 

Thanks for verifying our issue. I was wondering if you had an idea of what the problem might be? 

0 Kudos

Hi, all.

Just experienced this issue. The quick fix I found was to use the Pause Live TV function. Buy a 16 GB USB flash drive (should cost $10 or less) and plug it into your TV. Set up Pause Live TV. Now when you access OTA channels and you get choppy audio, use the remote to pause for a couple seconds and then unpause. In my experience this has worked consistently consistently to get rid of the choppy audio. Unfortunately, it's not permanent solution as you have to pause and unpause every time you access the choppy channel(s), but it might mean you don't have to throw out the TV.

For reference, I'm on a Sharp Roku TV (LC-43LB371U) and my choppy audio was from channel 2 KATU (ABC - Portland, OR)

0 Kudos
jgurrad
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I'll pass that on to viewers. 

0 Kudos
Agentbath

Just adding another person to the list who is having this problem. “They’ll update this thread”…. I’ll keep waiting. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Agentbath,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all the OTA channels installed on your Roku device? Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos