Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leighann1

I have an ONN Roku TV and get a black screen on all the apps

I have had my TV for 2 months and it has worked perfectly all along until yesterday. I was watching TV and it just went to a blank screen.  Now every streaming app I have, Netflix, Hulu, Roku channel, Paramount+, Disney, etc., is not working.  They all give me a list of shows to watch, but, when I choose a show and hit play, all I get is a blank screen.  Please help!

45 REPLIES 45
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have an ONN Roku TV and get a black screen on all the apps

The first thing to try is a "System restart".  You can find it under Settings->System->Power or just unplug the TV for a few minutes and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mgangels

My Onn Roku Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED tv is only 3 years old and has been doing the same thing for months. I’ve had internet folks come out to check all that thinking it was my internet. No change. Tv would stream  if I used a firestick but then that would black out. I bought a Roku and it’s blacking out with that too. Has sound but no picture and has to be restarted multiple times for screen to come back on for menu. I will never buy one of their TVs again. It’s embarrassing to have a house full of people and a **bleep**ty 70 inch tv. Over it! Good luck on yours but I think I’m trashing this one once I can save up for another. 😭

Mgangels

I’ve tried that and every other fix too on Reddit. Nothing works. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mgangels, something within the TV has failed.  The only way to fix it is to take it apart and replace whatever failed (probably the power board).  All of these "Roku TVs" are from what I would call not the highest quality brands.  It's not really that it's a Roku TV as much as it's probably manufactured by some Chinese company that's not known for producing quality products.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DMGordon

I have a Sharp Aquos TV and a Roku Stick and I am having the same issue.  I can see the Roku home screen and all of my apps.  When I am in the app I can see the guides and menu, but when I actually choose a show it goes to a black screen and I can still hear the show fine.  Only when you choose the show does it go to a black screen.  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DMGordon,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out with this. Could you tell us when did you start seeing this issue occur? Have you seen this happening to the rest of the channel or an isolated case?

In addition, what are the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far in trying to resolve it?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Smith62312

Same here! Worked fine when I went to bed last night. Got up this morning and this happened. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Smith62312

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. May we know if you've encountered this issue with all the apps/channels or just a particular one? Also, what steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? Further, could you please provide an image or a video if possible for us to have better visuals?

With more information, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
renee1140

I have a Tyler portable TV the same thing is happening to mine with the Roku Express 4k

0 Kudos