Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coolsmart

Newsmax periodically makes me sign back in to app

Jump to solution

Newsmax will suddenly go off and when app is reloaded makes me sign in again. This is sporadic but seems to be getting worse.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Newsmax periodically makes me sign back in to app

Jump to solution

Hi @ken226,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with Newsmax. If the troubleshooting steps provided by the moderator above did not help with the issue, it could be that the issue lies within the channel itself. In this case, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly and inquire further, as they are the best ones who could provide further troubleshooting with their app's functionality.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
sdpper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, old problem and it has been happening ever since Newsmax started charging.  Also appears if Newsmax is playing on two roku's in the same household it logs the other one out.  Irritating....  They need to fix this ASAP.  But I'd be happy if they would quit dumping the password.  I have a long password and just about have it memorized now because I've needed to enter it so many times.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @sdpper

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you've experienced with MAX, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. At this point, we recommend performing the steps below as a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ken226

Jump to solution

The solution above didn't work.

Any chance that there's an ACTUAL fix for this, or that someone is working on it?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ken226,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with Newsmax. If the troubleshooting steps provided by the moderator above did not help with the issue, it could be that the issue lies within the channel itself. In this case, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly and inquire further, as they are the best ones who could provide further troubleshooting with their app's functionality.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
lmatch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I suspect everyone does, because I have tried Roku, Amazon Firestick, and a smart TV, and the Newsmax app does the same thing on every one of the devices, randomly having an error and requiring me to sign in again (which is a pain on a remote control).  Pretty sure this is a Newsmax app bug, and nothing to do with Roku based on my experimenting.

mkintx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Irritating! 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mkintx 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand your frustration regarding the issue you've encountered with MAX, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. In this instance, we would like to know if what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? A detailed step has been provided above this thread. If the issue persists after performing the steps above, we'd like to refer you to the information provided by @RokuJanadeeK in this thread.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue with the newsmax app on roku, but not on all of my roku devices. I have tried going back through the roku home menu and choosing newsmax again, which works sometimes. I have also tried restarting the roku for the particular tv that has the problem, and that works sometimes. On the tv with the worst situation, the only thing that has worked so far is resetting the roku cache by using the following manual sequence on the roku remote.

Restart roku and clear cache

To start, press the Home button five times, then the Up button once, the
Rewind button twice, and the Fast Forward button two times. Wait until
your Roku turns off and starts back up.

When doing the sequence, it will take several seconds for the roku to turn off and restart. For a normal restart through the system menu, the restart is faster than with this manual sequence, but the sequence worked and I was able to go to the newsmax app and resume streaming newsmax once again.

By the way, for those of you getting frustrated with entering long and cryptic passwords, I have discovered a relatively easy way to do it - copy the password you need to enter into the roku remote on the device like a phone you can use the roku app on, assuming that you have installed the roku app on your phone or device. It also helps to have a clipboard app on your phone or device that you can retrieve said password from when you will need that password, because most devices with a clipboard clear said clipboard after 15-30 seconds or so, but with a clipboard app you can go back to the app and retrieve whatever you recently copied into the clipboard, because the clipboard app maintains a buffer database with the last bunch of things that were copied to the clipboard and therefore makes it easy to retrieve what used to be in the clipboard even after the clipboard has been erased.

Now, once you have said password copied to the clipboard, go to the roku app on your phone/device and connect the app to the roku that you are trying to log back into with the long and cryptic password. When you are ready to enter the password on the roku remote, get the remote back to the password area on the roku tv screen. Put the roku app into the remote mode by pressing on the remote icon on the roku app screen. Then just paste the long and cryptic password into the space on your roku app while it is in remote mode, and said password should magically appear where it should in the password space on the roku tv screen. Voila! No more going through the roku remote and manually typing in all those password characters! Spread the word about both the roku cache clearing sequence for the roku remote and for how to easily paste a long password into the password space on the roku tv using the roku app and the clipboard/clipboard app.

0 Kudos
Lovewildlife
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This seems like a hassle.  Has anyone tried it and it resolves the problem or is this a Newsmax issue?