Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that's TV app crashes

Jump to solution

I'm unable to open certain apps. It tries to load but immediately boots me back to home screen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Now that's TV app crashes

Jump to solution

Hi, @Love24, @Glambss.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the experience you are having with the playback issue!

In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps that you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JenniferGinn,

We appreciate you posting on the Roku Community for the first time.

Thank you for bringing this playback issue to our attention. We would be happy to help.

If the problem persists, we have more troubleshooting available on our support page: How to fix a channel playback issue.

Tell us about your experiences and what is working.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
idontcare4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem, every since the update that came out a few months ago, the one that added categories and browse to the app section. my tv either completely reboots, or resets to the home screen every time I turn it on and select a app. this update **bleep**ed up my tv and i know its the update because i never had one problem before. im almost to the point of taking a bat to it and buying a new tv without roku.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @idontcare4,

Welcome to the Community for Roku!

We understand, and we apologize for any trouble this experience may have caused. The concerned team has acknowledged the availability of the "recommended rows" feature.

You may toggle the option to hide it if you haven't tried removing it by going to Settings>>System>>Home screen>>Recommended rows>> and choosing Hide.

We would like to hear whether this playback issue with your Roku devices has been happening occasionally and if it is occurring on all of the platform's channels.

Please provide more details so that we can be of more assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MsScorpio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the channel.

0 Kudos
MsScorpio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with this channel. Just kicks me back to home screen.  All is updated

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @MsScorpio 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd be more than glad to assist. In this instance, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps provided below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

After performing this, kindly please check if you're still seeing the issue persists.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Love24

Jump to solution

Yes take it off if they can’t get it right it’s annoying!

0 Kudos
Glambss

Jump to solution

Yeah I’m having the same issue. It’s so annoying. For the most part it doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Love24, @Glambss.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the experience you are having with the playback issue!

In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps that you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos