Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edster241
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Horizontal thin black lines all the time

I think I’m having the same issue. Would you be able to help me out as well please?

Device ID: C513X

Serial Number: X00000HEU3FL

Device ID: S07W500EU3FL

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4216-C7

This started the other day and is happening all the time. I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and it was fine for about 2 minutes. 

I created an issue tracker as you suggested. ID is: FL-410-432

Thank you!

David

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Horizontal thin black lines all the time

@Edster241

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

Did this issue only occur after your Roku TV updated to the latest OS 11.5 update?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drivera34

Same issue with my 55” Roku TV. Waiting to hear back from customer service. TV is only 7 months old. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@drivera34
Thanks for the post.

In order for us to better assist you, we will need more details about what you are experiencing. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-screenshot of what is occurring when this issue happens
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Edster241
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R . I'm not sure if it was before or after the update but it's consistent now. The TV is normal when it's first turned on for maybe 1-2 minutes and then the problem persists. 

I'm having trouble getting my screenshot to attach. What's the easiest way to do that?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Edster241
Thanks for the follow up.

Are you accessing the Roku Community through desktop or through mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harun_54
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

Ye just came to this thread to say this. 120+VRR works cleanly now at 1080p. Hopefully when the ps5 gets 1440 VRR we can get a clean image as well

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

I did receive another update today. I went from 11.5 build 4225 to build 4235.

For better or worse things are the same. PS5 VRR still works fine in 1080p but the line issue in 1440p remains and still is correctable temporarily by flipping game mode off then on a few times to reset the screen.

Things are definitely happening though. The behavior of the 1440p line is different. On 11.0 the line would stay near the bottom, on 11.5 4225 the line would creep up about a quarter of the screen, on 4235 the line returns to staying near the bottom.

I'm inclined to believe based on info I've seen the issue is related to the HDMI ports supplied so potentially these are all the effect of firmware updates to these packed in with the TV software updates. Take that with a grain of salt though and it matters not though it does give me hope since things are still changing we will see all issues resolved in time permanently at least related to PS5 usage.

0 Kudos