Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD_Newk
Reel Rookie

Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Hello,

Antennae channels are no longer showing on live TV UNLESS I select do not show streaming channels in settings.  When I check the box to not show streaming channels, all the antennae channels are available.  When I uncheck the box, the streaming channels are the only ones that show in live tv.

This is a change in behavior where previously the antennae channels were integrated with the streaming channels.  This change happened today, so i would anticipate it's an update bug.

Thanks for the attention.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarleenF
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV not showing antennae channels in live TV

Jump to solution

WORKAROUND FOUND!

It's still wrong today, even tried yet another channel scan. No new software to download, either.

I tried another suggestion and disconnected my router.  Tada! All my Cable channels now appear in the guide! To finish the test, I plugged my router back in, checked the guide and they were all still there. I unhid streaming channels, and Cable channels disappeared again. Hid streaming channels and Cable ones did NOT reappear. Time to unplug the router again. Good luck, all!

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136
rontrotto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hope this gets worked out soon same problem here.

ron trotto

Jump to solution

My local channels have also disappeared. Not showing in the guide & when I tried using voice remote it pulls up channel 114 streaming instead of a local channel. I have had lots of problems this year. First started with the program guide listing the channels but in the program description area it showed "No INFORMATION" as the description. Very frustrating & disappointing. Their tech support generally are unaware of any problems or won't admit that they exist. 

Goofus
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Just like 90% of what these people do to their customers with their untested updates, this is yet ANOTHER total FAIL.  But unlike most of their other bull, now my ROKU TV can't even get local channels.  I don't have ANY workaround other than going and getting a DTV box, and that ladies and gentlemen, is the day I get rid of this TV and literally EVERY Roku device in this house.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Tmark250

Jump to solution

Same problem here with two ONN Roku tvs.  Have to go to settings>tv inputs>live tv>manage channels, and hide streaming channels I order to see antenna broadcast.  Samsung tv in same house is fine.  Bad software update.  

Tmark250

Re: Roku TV not showing antenna channels in live TV

Jump to solution

Hide your streaming channels in setup and local will appear.  Glitch in software update.  

Tmark250

Jump to solution

Software glitch in update.  Go to settings and select hide streaming channels.  Local antenna tv will then show up.  

Tmark250

Jump to solution

Same hear.  Bad update.   Glad I have a Samsung in the living room that works fine.  😁

mizeddie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here...no local channels coming in. TV was off for a couple hours. Turned it back on about 10 minutes ago and a news channel came on when it was on a local.

Joseg13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. I thought it was a TV issues since a year after having my JVC-ROKU TV i have had to do resets almost once per month to fix audio issues or video/audio synch issues or lag issues. Today i noticed that the Antenna Input icon has changed and now all i have is the Live Streaming channels. Figured out that hiding them gives me my local channels back. Frustrating!!! I replaced one of my ROKU boxes with an Nvidia Shield Pro and love it better!!! Sorry ROKU!!!