Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Byrdfamily

Home Screen Channel Layout Issues

lf there's not a way or option to go back to a original layout. Roku Developers need to create one. I don't know about anybody else  but the new 4 row layout of the channel apps is a little frustrating. I wish they gave us a option to go back to the original 3 row layout. The new layout just makes the apps smaller which I really don't care for. If anyone know of a way to get it back if there is one that would be great!

7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Home Screen Channel Layout Issues

Hi @Byrdfamily,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your feedback regarding the layout update. This change in the layout is a part of the Roku system update which aims to provide a better streaming experience. We'll make sure to send this over to the team so that they can review this feedback.

Once again, we appreciate you for sharing this information. Your satisfaction is valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kycarl

I agree. It's my TV and I should have the option to change the channel layout back to 3x3. I shouldn't have to settle with a hard-wired version of what the programmers like. Please give us this option.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Other Roku spokespeople have reported that there will be a way to switch between 3x3 and 4x4 once the official rollout occurs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Username2
Streaming Star

I have had the new layout a little over a week now and absolutely love it. However all my devices reverted back to the old home screen today.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku has been testing some changes to the Roku home page with some "lucky" random users over the last several weeks. It sounds like the test period, at least for some, has ended.

The features being tested are/were:

• Continue Watching bar
• Channel grid 4 smaller tiles wide instead of 3 "normal" tiles wide
• On Roku TVs, tiles for individual input sources gathered under one single Inputs tile.

Rollout of version 12.5 of the Roku operating system commenced Sept 12. I expect the things that were being tested will be included in version 12.5 in one form or another.

Typically new Roku versions are slowly rolled out, individual Roku installation by individual Roku installation, with an update schedule known only to Roku. If you have multiple Rokus, they may not become eligible for the update at the same time, even if they are the same Roku model.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JRWitnee

Has anyone figured out how to get back the 3 columns?? The apps are too small for me in the 4 column update. I don't like it. It's too hard to see

0 Kudos
JRWitnee

Is there anway to change it back?! It's too hard to see/read the apps with the 4 column layout!!

0 Kudos