Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

The problem with categories is they need to be sure to place every channel in a category.  Roku has not done that in the past.  You could have searched every category for True History (before it was removed) and not found it.  There were other channels like that too.  I would use Favorites if it were reliable.

I'll adapt.  There are other apps available on Roku.

smithdoor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I like numbers as can remember the channel number and go right to channel i want.

I would so simple to add back the numbers.  I can not see problem. 

I had to get new tablotv as first died The Tablotv works on Ruko.

The 4th generation has steaming too .

Very nice menu 

FYI  Tablo is a DVR and both Antenna and steaming channels can be rewind 

Dave 

Jaspah1967

Jump to solution

If Roku can’t or won’t fix this are they leaving us? Are they telling us to go elsewhere? What is the alternative? Amazon Fire? 

smithdoor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The odd part is they name of channel.  

It only takes a minute the type the number in the window with name. 

I can not see a problem in typing 

Dave 

ladysly61

Jump to solution

Actually, this would be a great idea if it were a 1 person television.  But when there is more than 1 watching, it's a pain to search for something interesting for someone else to watch.  Just scroll, scroll, scroll.  I have my favs... boom they are right there.  But the 600s are games, the 400s are the Grandkid.  Much easier to have the numbers available.  500s my true crime and mysteries.    700s are my choice of Zombie/Disaster movies.  Oh except for the 311 I think... classic horror movies.  I'm really hoping that whom ever made this concept a "Thing" isn't living single in their Mom's basement.

jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The channels numbers are back.  Either someone was listening or perhaps it was an unintentional error that was corrected.  Either way, I'm glad they are back.

trothatl
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Channel numbers are still missing on my Roku devices, hoping to see them come back like you did. But what is even more annoying is that when they removed the channel numbers they also started displaying the channels in different orders depending on how you access the live channels. For example, if I go directly to the Live Channel Guide I'll see This Old House, This Old House Classic, and TOH Makers Channel (going from top to bottom). But if I select the Live TV menu item and then select This Old House from that screen, I'll see This Old House and below that are Modern Marvels and WB How It's Made. TOH Classic is above, not below, the regular TOH channel, and everything else is re-ordered as well. (And yes, in both cases, I'm in the All Channels category, not recently-viewed or a specific genre.)

Just speculating, but my guess is that Roku removed the channel numbers so that they can dynamically modify the order in which channels are presented to individual users based on what users have watched, perceived interests, and whatever content Roku wants to promote. They could still do that with channel numbers, but it would drive some people crazy to have the numbers all out of order.

smithdoor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for bring back the channel numbers

Dave 

TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Try resetting your devices by going to Systems > Reset.

Don’t go to “factory reset” just look for “reset device”. Hopefully that will fix the problem because it appears that Roku has remedied the issue.

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried it..............didn't work.  The Roku in the other room however now reflects the channel numbers.

Thank you Roku! Thank you for listening to your customers!