Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trothatl
Roku Guru

Re: OS 11 features finally rolling out

@Ello2022 - Right, I know what the Roku Photo Streams feature is supposed to do. I was referring to the post from @DBDukes that stated "Set the Roku Screensaver to Mobile."  I was saying that I assume this means that "Mobile" is a screensaver selection under Settings > Theme > Screensavers, like any other screensaver, and that "Mobile" has not yet appeared as a screensaver option on my devices with OS11.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@trothatl 

Are you using the Roku Default Theme Pack? If not, Mobile may not show.

Settings > Theme > Theme packs > Default Theme Pack

With a Theme Pack that supports the Roku Mobile screensaver, look for that screensaver:

Settings > Theme > Screensavers > {My screensavers} Roku Mobile > Set at screensaver

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  - Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I'm using the Roku Default Theme Pack, and I even used the "Restore default theme" option set the wallpaper, screensaver, and sounds back to the factory default, but Roku Mobile is still not showing up in the screensavers. I guess that option hasn't been pushed out to my Rokus yet.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@trothatl 

But you have the What to Watch option on the Home Screen? So they rolled out part of the features?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

@DBDukes - No, I don't have What to Watch, either. I do have Live TV on the home screen menu, which I thought was part of the OS 11 update. Looking back at Roku's announcement, though, I see that Live TV preceded OS 11 even though it was part of the March OS 11 announcement.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@trothatl 

This rollout has been like no other. I'm not sure what's rolling out or when anymore.

DBDukes

olliebean
Binge Watcher

My Premiere just updated and now says it's running OS 11, but I don't seem to have any of the new features yet, including Live TV (but maybe that is only available in the US?). I guess I just have to wait for them to appear. I'm particularly interested in getting the A/V sync feature, as Prime Video is often out of sync.

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

I've had OS 11 for some time now, but in trying to get the new features I decided to go through the "update software" menu option yesterday evening just in case something new came out during the day. I was not expecting anything to happen, but - Surprise! My Roku updated from version 11.0.0.4180 to 11.0.0.4184!  I was excited, I was finally getting all the new features!  But it was not to be - still no Photo Stream, no What to Watch, none of the promised OS 11 features.

EDIT: From Roku's blog announcement of OS 11: "With Roku OS 11, you will be able to see your recently watched live tv content and discover the latest in local and national news, sports, movies, and more in the Live TV section now located on the Home Screen Menu." I did receive these features when my Roku updated to OS 11 some time ago.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@trothatl wrote:

... From Roku's blog announcement of OS 11: "With Roku OS 11, you will be able to see your recently watched live tv content and discover the latest in local and national news, sports, movies, and more in the Live TV section now located on the Home Screen Menu." I did receive these features when my Roku updated to OS 11 some time ago.

Roku added that in 10.5 back in January. If it's not something you were looking for, you may have missed it. I don't know if Roku staggered that as well, but I got it in January when it was announced.

My Roku experience has been that I got features when they said they would come out, but I was usually 1-3 months on getting the OS updates. I got the OS updates unusually early on one device.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Tjoeb123
Binge Watcher

I should probably note that if you have OS 11 and want Photo Streams, you have to set it up at https://photostreams.roku.com/ first. (even in the apps, it really just opens that site) Once you do that it will automatically set the screensaver to "Roku Photo Streams".

At least, I'm able to get to it just fine; I don't know if others get an error message after signing in or something.

0 Kudos