Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Streams uploading issues

Hi @Jessicachelsea,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your photo stream since the uploaded pictures are not showing up on your TV screen. We're happy to help. Did you try to choose specific streams for the screensaver? If not, please follow these steps:

1. Open the channel and select Screensaver.
  2. Under Add or Remove Streams, check the box for the streams you wish to include.

If the problem still persists, you can also check out this support article: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bri96

The android cropped image issue seemed to be my problem. I uploaded the cropped image to a drawing app (ibis paint) and re-downloaded it as a .png and that saved to the stream with no problem.

0 Kudos
Jessicachelsea
Reel Rookie

Hello.  When I go to check mark my streams it continues to only show the very first upload I made. I’ve added photos through the app and through the QR code and tried creating a new stream as a test but it does not show on the tv. They show in the app and online but not on the tv it’s self. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jessicachelsea,

Thanks for reaching us here regarding your photo stream issues. We'd love to find you the best resolution possible.

After you uploaded your photos through the app, have you tried to perform a system reboot on your Roku streaming device/TV? If not, navigate to your Settings, select System, then System restart.

If the issue is still persistent, let us know, and we'd be more than happy to assist you further with this.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MustangLisa
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Everyone keeps mentioning the Roku system, it's not the device we have a problem with it's the website, we try to upload pictures and it says it's been uploaded when it has not. It sometimes uploads some and not others, they are the same type of pictures even same sizes. It will say something like 6/6 uploaded and then takes you back to all your pictures and it hasn't added any. The picture count doesn't change. There is no error on why they haven't uploaded, it says they have been when they haven't been. Thank you everyone but we need help with the Roku website uploading page, not the device/system. 

0 Kudos
Jessicachelsea
Reel Rookie

Hi yes I have tried rebooting the TV. As someone mentioned before it seems that the website is not communicating with the tv properly. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with Photo Streams.

After uploading photos to your Photo Streams, have you tried waiting a while to see if the photos show up? At times, it may take a bit for the photos to appear and may not be readily available.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos