Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Real_DiRT
Reel Rookie

Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I have all shortcuts turned off under the available options for my Home Screen. However, I now have, in my list of channels, "Categories" featuring 'Movies', 'TV Shows', and 'New & Popular' and "Browse" featuring 'All Things Food', 'All Things Home', and 'All Things Sports'. None of this is useful to me. It's just more clutter on my Home Screen that I don't want. I don't need any kind of recommendations or content curation EVER. I turn on my Roku when I want to go specifically to an app and watch something. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for all your input on Roku’s latest update. All devices will receive an update over the next couple of days that will allow you to revert back to the original settings.

You can customize your features by navigating to Settings > Home Screen > Recommendation rows.

Happy Streaming!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

461 REPLIES 461
rubles
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree.  Please stop adding to my home screen it is very annoying.

Mike101948

Jump to solution

It showed up today and I want it off. Any suggestions? Thanks 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to remove the categories and browse options. Please be advised that we don't have an option to remove the categories or browse at the moment. May we know where you are seeing that feature on Roku? Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Real_DiRT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB So you didn't actually read my post? Your links are to unrelated issues and are completely unhelpful. Why would you even bother to post a reply if you aren't going to offer anything useful? These are not shortcuts that can be toggled in the settings, as I stated in my previous post that I have all of those already turned off. These are also not channels that can be removed by any means you have provided. 4660RW- Roku Ultra Software 12.0.0 - build 4184-46 Useless and UnwantedUseless and Unwanted

Ataft
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku support is useless!

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Real_DiRT @Ataft,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Roku Community!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services.

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input. We'll make sure to take note of all your suggestions. As of the moment, please stay tuned for our latest updates.

We hope for your kind consideration.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Monkey_Toes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I ALWAYS go under Settings > Home Screen and set all of their irritating menu items to hide, but of course, they don’t allow it with these “features”.

GMAB Roku. Stop adding your unwanted and unneeded “features” to our home screens.  Turn them off by default and let us choose to turn them on or not.

Adeland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found a web page where Roku is boasting about adding this annoying feature with the Roku OS 12.5 update.  On the comments section of this web page viewers describe it as "littering the home page".

This is the link:  Now, on your Roku Home screen, you will find Roku recommending content 

Ataft
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's Luke Bouma.  He writes tons of useless **bleep**.