Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swampy2b
Reel Rookie

Roku Giveth / Roku Taketh Away

My wife and I were enjoying the new update of the past few days with the 4-wide channels and “Continue Watching” front and center on the Home Screen. It made getting to content much easier.  Then suddenly, today, it was gone. What gives?

I’m also surprised by all the negative feedback on here.  We have several smaller TVs (13” - 21”) and the channel icons weren’t too small on any of them. I get people wanting options for the Continue Watching part, maybe an option to control the rating level of shows that show up there?  I don’t know.

At any rate, please give those of us who were enjoying the new features the option to turn them back on please.  

Thanks!

Labels (2)
34 REPLIES 34
Username2
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Giveth / Roku Taketh Away

I came to post about this exact issue. I was LOVING the continue watching at the top of the screen and the new layout. And it disappeared on all my devices today as well. Here's hoping they bring it back.

sarah2j26

I finally found it under What to Watch. It's still there it just isn't on the home screen, which isn't as convenient, but it's better than nothing.

0 Kudos
swampy2b
Reel Rookie

Yeah, I think it's existed under "What to watch" for awhile, from what I've read.  Never knew about it; still a lot of extra clicks.

Also, want the 4-wide channels back.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku has been testing some changes to the Roku home page with some "lucky" random users over the last several weeks.   It sounds like the test period, at least for some, has ended. 

The features being tested are/were:

• Continue Watching bar
• Channel grid 4 smaller tiles wide instead of 3 "normal" tiles wide
• On Roku TVs, tiles for individual input sources gathered under one single Inputs tile.

Rollout of version 12.5 of the Roku operating system commenced Sept 12.  I expect the things that were being tested will be included in version 12.5 in one form or another. 

Typically new Roku versions are slowly rolled out, individual Roku installation by individual Roku installation, with an update schedule known only to Roku.  If you have multiple Rokus, they may not become eligible for the update at the same time, even if they are the same Roku model.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
phwhite
Reel Rookie

Same here -- really liked the new updates, just got used to them and poof... gone!  I just posted about this on a new thread, before I seen this one.

andyross
Roku Guru

I wouldn't mind the 4x grid, but would love to get rid of the Search/Continue Watching, which is still on both of my Roku's.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your feedback, @andyross.

No worries! We hear you and have a resolution for this. There is an option where you can disable the "Continue Watching" feature on your Roku streaming device/TV by navigating to your Settings > Home screen and changing Continue Watching from "Show" to "Hide."

Let us know if you need further clarification and assistance. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jnelson851
Channel Surfer

I like the WHAT TO WATCH that remembers Hulu and Paramount and likely other subscriptions recently watched.

0 Kudos
thearches
Reel Rookie

Four Channels across was PERFECT.

I rearranged my channels to fit the new, better scheme and then it went away.

Please bring it back.