Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarag620
Reel Rookie

Why Does Roku Insist on Repeatedly Changing My Preferred Theme/Wallpaper?

Jump to solution

I did this and it still defaults to a Roku screensaver when I have a different one set. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why Does Roku Insist on Repeatedly Changing My Preferred Theme/Wallpaper?

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @sarag620!

Thanks for sharing your concern about the screensaver resetting to the default setting despite being customized to your preference. We'd be happy to provide you with further information about this.

Please be informed that from time to time we change the default screensaver on Roku devices to celebrate the change of season or to share our love of entertainment, and in some cases run different screensavers on selected devices for a limited time.

Furthermore, you can disable this under Settings > Theme > Seasonal themes > Off.

To learn more about this, kindly visit our Support article on How to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku interface.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @sarag620!

Thanks for sharing your concern about the screensaver resetting to the default setting despite being customized to your preference. We'd be happy to provide you with further information about this.

Please be informed that from time to time we change the default screensaver on Roku devices to celebrate the change of season or to share our love of entertainment, and in some cases run different screensavers on selected devices for a limited time.

Furthermore, you can disable this under Settings > Theme > Seasonal themes > Off.

To learn more about this, kindly visit our Support article on How to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku interface.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sarag620
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve tired that too and it still doesn’t stay on my preference. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sarag620, you may get a default "low resource" screensaver when you pause a video for an extended period.  There's no way to change it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ThisishT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku makes the choice to install and apply any Theme/Wallpaper (the latest being Disney WISH/Disney+ obviously this is AD REVENUE related) and/or any other changes to the devices they choose, and that choice is obvious to me that Roku can modify (good and/or bad) the devices if and when they choose to do so. On a similar and related Roku choice of preference option, Before the Roku modification several weeks ago, I had the option to choose either the 3x3 or 4x4 app grid size of choice option. Roku suddenly made the choice to remove the 3x3 and 4x4 app grid size of choice option from my device. The 4x4 app grid size was my preference. 

0 Kudos