Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WRJ05
Reel Rookie

Can Roku remote control Vizo soundbar?

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Series 5 Roku tv. I previously had it connected to a non CEC soundbar which I could never get the Roku pro remote to control. Replaced it with a brand new Vizo sound bar. Frustratingly the sound bar did not connect at intial set up, however one day after connecting headphones to the remote all of sudden the remote controlled the sound bar volume. Months passed, and had to do a system reset for a different issue, afterwards the remote no longer controls the volume. Any advice is welcome! Back to two remotes...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can Roku TCL control Vizo soundbar?

Jump to solution

Hi @WRJ05,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further. Please try unplugging both the Roku TV and the Vizio soundbar for 1 to 2 minutes, and then plug it back again.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WRJ05,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further. Please try unplugging both the Roku TV and the Vizio soundbar for 1 to 2 minutes, and then plug it back again.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WRJ05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, it worked! Thank you. However... we now have a 4 second delay before the sound starts after every pause and in between streaming commercials and at the start of any show. We had this before but it was momentarily, annoying but was not a deal breaker. This is pretty bad. Note voices are not having a sync issue. Just delay in the start of sound. Hope there's a simple solution as well. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@WRJ05, do you have the "Screen reader" enabled under the Accessibility options?  There's another thread about the sound delay that you're experiencing and if I recall correctly one person tracked it down to having the "Screen reader" enabled.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WRJ05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I checked that setting, it was not enabled. Thank you for the suggestion. I did change 2 other settings. The digital output format and the preferred streaming format to "auto". This seems to have reduced the delay slightly but it still about 2 to 3 seconds. So I am still looking for a solution to the audio delay issue.

0 Kudos