Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

Re: One remote button barely works

The last message I received 12/2023 asked for my address and phone number.  No other interaction followed my response. 

0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

I got an auto gen email advising an email from an agent would immediately follow, but it didn’t. Just more alerts that more people are posting regarding this issue.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TerriLee

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in the Roku Community.

Please be informed that we have sent you a Private Message. Kindly check your inbox since we have reached you from there.

Your response would be much appreciated as we will address your concern promptly.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Akirratiff

Glad to see a new user here in the Roku Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us for support. It's our pleasure to help you with any issues you are facing. We understand that you are experiencing problems with your Roku remote, and we are here to assist you in resolving the issue. To better understand the problem, could you please provide more details about the issue? Additionally, please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try and fix the issue. 

With this information, we can provide you with the necessary assistance and help you to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

Sure, but I already returned it. 

the issue is exactly the same as every other poster: the go right and sometimes ok button are incredibly hard to push/activate. They do not work. I owned it almost one month, issues began around three weeks.

I moved the location of the stick in case it was reception. I changed the batteries. I followed the previously offered “support” to set up the remote. Silly advice since it’s clearly hardware.

my question is will you keep blowing off all these customer complaints and ruin the future of your company? You released a defective product, probably in an attempt to compete with the rise of voice remotes. Now fix it or perish.

PatStrib

Right arrow button pushes hard

Seems other people having same problem with fairly new remotes.  Mine is 9 months old.  ROKU should send all of us a new one!!!   Only right arrow has problem so it's made poorly!

0 Kudos
timjcarrii

Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Roku remote buttons are extremely hard to push.  Need a lot of strength in your fingers to be able to push the buttons.  Wife and kids are unable to use the remote as they cannot push the buttons hard enough.  Currently, we have to use the app on our phones to operate the Roku system.  Note, the remote is not old, not damaged and the buttons are not stuck due to anything being spilled on it.    

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

@timjcarrii-

I've never had this problem with Roku remotes in over 10 years of using a variety of Roku models.  But we're starting to see a bunch of these reports.  I wonder if they've received a bad run of remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Right arrow button pushes hard

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @PatStrib!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further personal information. 

We'll be anticipating your response through PM!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

Hi @timjcarrii,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience with this remote woes and thanks for reaching out.

We'd like to know what are the buttons that are hard to press. In addition, could you also share with us the model number of this remote? This can usually be found at the back of the battery compartment.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos