Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRob1
Reel Rookie

Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with the simple remote that came with the Roku Express 4k 3930x. The device was purchased in June 2022. 

The remote was sitting on the dresser near the TV. It was not dropped and hardly used because I don't watch TV very often. I only watch on occasion. I replaced the old batteries with new alkaline batteries and still no dice. This is a simple remote with no pairing button. I tested a remote for an old Roku express and that one is working fine, so I'm sure there is no issue with the Express 4k device itself. 

I performed the camera test with my phone and there was no IR light from the newer Express 4k remote, but the old Express remote I can see an IR light.  My conclusion is that there is a problem with the Express 4k remote.

Question for someone who works for Roku. Is it possible to get a replacement remote since the one I currently have just stopped working for some odd reason?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Jump to solution

@GRob1,

Thanks for the update,

I have passed along this to our Support team and also sent you a PM for further information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GRob1,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your remote, and we'd like to help. Could you share with us the device serial number where the remote is paired along with it? Please also provide the serial number of the remote. This can be located in the battery compartment.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GRob1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Rey, 

Thanks for writing. 

As requested the here is the information for the Roku Express 3930X and remote that came with it: 

Roku Express: Model 3930X - S/N:  X00400AG9TGL

Roku Remote:  Model#: RC-ALIR  -  S/N: 3226001236

Please let me know if you need additional information if required.  

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@GRob1,

Thanks for the update,

I have passed along this to our Support team and also sent you a PM for further information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GRob1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Erey! Greetings from this side. I wanted to send out a special thank you for helping with getting a remote replacement. I received the remote in the mail from Roku support all thanks to you for getting involved.

Again, I really appreciate the help. The remote is working and I can use it instead of the mobile phone remote. 

Thanks again and all the best to you and your family for a Happy Holiday season! 

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @GRob1.

Your greetings and appreciation are highly valued. 

We always aim for your satisfaction and convenience which is why we're grateful to hear your update.

For future assistance, we're just one call/message away. 

Happy Holidays from your Roku family!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TRBG

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. My remote won't work even with new batteries. The Roku possible channel appears on the TV but will not respond to the remote. I purchased the Roku Express on September 27th 2023. I would like to get the remote replaced. Please let me know how to do that. Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TRBG,

Welcome, and thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We're here to help. To better assist, please send us a PM with your shipping address along with your best contact phone number.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Melvin_tm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good evening

i have a Roku Express 4k device and my roku remote stopped working suddenly in the evening. All day it worked but suddenly stopped working. 
I changed with brand new battery and this remote does not have a reset option on it. Kindly advice what to do

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Melvin_tm.

Thanks for the first post here in the Roku Community!

To resolve your remote issue, the troubleshooting steps in this Support link might help: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. Try giving it a shot.

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos