Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon S3 Automatic Import

Hello,
I have been looking around for quite some time for a home/personal streaming solution. Roku seems to be the best way for me to go based on my needs. What I have is a DLINK ShareCenter that is setup to automatically sync my MP4 files to an Amazon S3 bucket. I have been able to successfully setup my own personal channel with manual links to my MP4s on the S3 bucket. The problem is that I have 100s of MP4s and it wouldn't be very realistic to manually import/remove them as they were synced from my NAS to the S3 bucket. Is there a way to get Roku to automatically pull the bucket's contents and create links to each individual MP4? If not, is there a backend API where I can export my MP4 list into CSV or some other format and have it updated by batch process into the Roku channel?

thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
scyber
Visitor

Re: Amazon S3 Automatic Import

YOu can use Amazon's api to get a list of all of the objects in a bucket:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/lat ... etGET.html

Assuming you have less then 1000 objects, they will all be returned in one call. You can also use request parameters to get more specific lists of data.
0 Kudos

Re: Amazon S3 Automatic Import

Scyber, what would be the best way to batch import this into a Roku app?
0 Kudos