Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evilmax17
Visitor

Anybody want to cut their teeth on a Dailymotion channel?

From this thread:

"evilmax17" wrote:
"TheEndless" wrote:
"evilmax17" wrote:
Anyone have dibs on this?

When this was brought up back in November, DailyMotion was charging for their iPhone/iPad app, so I passed on it (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33586). It looks like they have since released an ad supported version to complement the paid version.. if you do do something with it, and you have an option, I'd encourage you to leave the ads in place...

I haven't looked into it much, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be an iOS port.

It looks like Dailymotion just recently launched an official version of their API, but I don't exactly know what they provide access to. If you can grab Roku-compatible videos from their API, then there wouldn't be any problem.

I didn't want to step on any toes, especially if somebody was secretly working on it already. I could take this if nobody else wants it, but I think this would be a great opportunity for a new developer to make a name for themselves with it.

Any enterprising rookie Roku developers want to take this one as their first major channel?

Any motivated rookies want to own this one?
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
scyber
Visitor

Re: Anybody want to cut their teeth on a Dailymotion channel

Some quick experimentation with their public API shows that they don't provide roku compatible urls. It is possible to dig through their API & JS and find references to possible roku compatible urls, but if I try to look them up, they appear to be looking for a "content-partner" parameter. I'm don't it is possible through their public API to build a roku channel. That said, someone may be able to develop one if they contact dailymotion and work with them directly. I don't have the time right now to do so, but perhaps in a few weeks.
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Anybody want to cut their teeth on a Dailymotion channel

The website itself displays seemingly compatible content when viewed with an iPad, so a little creative screen scraping might be an option. I really don't have the time to devote to a project this size right now. Happy to help anyone who takes it on tho.
0 Kudos