Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pags88

Re: Anyone else that hasn't received Channel Payout yet?

Is everyone here that did not get paid use PayPal as the payout? I have 2 dev accounts. The one that is paid ACH was paid on the 6th but the one with PayPal did not get paid. And of course the PayPal one is the where I make most of my money and the PayPal ALWAYS came several days before the ACH.  Partner success replied back to me today saying payment will be on the 13th. Not holding my breath.

elpenultimo
Channel Surfer

Same here , unexpected delay ..

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

There was already a thread started by someone about this topic.  When this comes up next month or so, check to see if we're already chatting about it and join in.

I know that the Developer Portal underwent some kind of maintenance the other night, so maybe they're improving things slowly.  I HOPE.

It seems that the ACH method went to a more consistent schedule than the PayPal method.  Both methods seem to be done manually which is mind boggling due to how many channels and apps are hosted by Roku that make revenue.  I can't even imagine what this poor person or team is going through, whenever ALL other platforms are on an automated payout system.  Just some kind of definite schedule is really all we're asking.  This NET(random) scheme is getting painful sometimes.

At least they replied to you, so thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I received my payment an hour or so ago via PayPal.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
elpenultimo
Channel Surfer

I have received my payout (PayPal) about an hour as well 👍

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Same

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Sorry for thinking this was a new thread.  Roku's forum REALLY SUCKS.  I mean, bad.  We can't even delete mistake posts!  Also, if you spend more than a few minutes editing a message, it's go back around and log back in.

Anyway, waiting on payments from Roku is like going to a popular restaurant like Texas Road House or Papacitas, waiting for an hour just to get in, then starving to death waiting on the food, then suddenly everything is "alright" once the food hits the belly.  We start lying to ourselves,... well that wasn't TOO bad, "at least we got to eat", etc, etc.

A word of advice to my fellow developers.  Diversify your work to as many platforms as possible.  Anything that runs Java, Android, it's a no-brainer.  If Roku collapses or gets hacked we can't afford to sit and die.  Get on Fire TV and Google Play with your work if you haven't already. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.