Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher being sunset in early 2024

Looks like they messed up badly! only 6 months to get rid of thousands of not-so-profitable channels, and remove the thread that people were talking about it! Oh boy, they are killing it.

sanity-check
Roku Guru

There should be a law against using "sunset" for things like this. Sunsets are lovely! Everyone likes sunsets.

"Abandoned" would be a better adjective.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@37mediagroup  I agree, and if we are to talk about "duplicate posts" - that was posted first  - this - a bit after 🙂

0 Kudos
stephend
Channel Surfer

Should we set up a Facebook group to discuss and help each other deal with the conversion of the channels?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might help those who are using FB.

0 Kudos
wagbklyn
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku Developer Community,

Hope everyone is ready. I am currently seeking assistance in converting my channel from Direct Publisher before sunset and have some questions about providing account access to a developer.

1. Access Management: I'd like to understand how I can give limited access to my Roku account to a developer. What are the recommended practices for ensuring security during this process?

2. Working with a Developer: As I collaborate with a developer to convert my channel, what steps should I take to ensure a smooth workflow? Are there specific guidelines or best practices to follow?

3. Information Disclosure: What information is essential for the developer to successfully assist with the conversion? I want to ensure transparency while maintaining data security.

4. Separate Developer Login: Can I create a separate login for the developer to use during the channel conversion process? If so, what are the steps involved?

Any advice, recommendations, or insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to ensure a successful transition for my channel before the sunset.

For your reference, my Vanity Access Code is: urbansounstationtv.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards, Wayne -wagbklyn@gmail.com 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You may want to take a look at the wizard tool I wrote to help channel developers convert to scenegraph.  It's available from my GitHub site below.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos