Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beacon333
Visitor

Re: Packaging Utility giving error "invalid password"

"scorpiontahir02" wrote:
"RokuJoel" wrote:
Try resetting the device to factory defaults, relinking it and then enabling developer mode again.

- Joel

Ok, I did reset my device to factory defaults, relinked it and enabled developer mode. Then I rekeyed my device with a previous package and password. It accepted the password and successfully rekeyed. Then I tried to create a new package and again got same error "Invalid Password". Why does it accepts password when rekeying but not accepts when creating package. I am thinking only packaging utility might be broken????? When rekeying utility is working fine...

I would have to agree with you. There is a problem somewhere for it to not accept the key! I know for me I have people asking me about the testing of the channels I am building and will have to come up with some answers today.
Beacon Three 33 Networks
BeaconThree33.com | Beacon333tv.com
ROKU: BEACON333
A Division of G&F Productions, Inc.
0 Kudos
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Our testing here found that this only happens when the channel is intalled on an SD card, but the devkey is on flash. If this is the case for you, try removing the SD card and side loading the channel to flash memory. You should then be able to package.
0 Kudos
Beacon333
Visitor

"RokuRobB" wrote:
Our testing here found that this only happens when the channel is intalled on an SD card, but the devkey is on flash. If this is the case for you, try removing the SD card and side loading the channel to flash memory. You should then be able to package.

Well I am celebrating here!! I did remove the SD card on the unit I use for SD testing and I was able to package the channel!

Next question is how long will it be till they fix this?

Y'all rock!!!!
Beacon Three 33 Networks
BeaconThree33.com | Beacon333tv.com
ROKU: BEACON333
A Division of G&F Productions, Inc.
0 Kudos