Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VantaBlackTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Payout Settings update nightmare

Even though nothings has changed, I keep receiving the same error msg "Failed to Validate Tax Forms". I know I'm entering the correct info, my CPA has verified I'm entering the correct info, I called the IRS and they verified I'm entering the correct info but.....Roku keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong tax info??????

Any updates on resolving this issue?

0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

I had the same issue with it failing to validate company tax info. It seemed to be resolved when I changed the street address on https://developer.roku.com/enrollment/standard_edit to be the same address that the IRS uses for correspondence. In my case, one was a PO box and the other one wasn't.

www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Are you setting up payments by PayPal, or checking account?  Use the Microsoft Edge web browser.  The forms and verification procedures always bombed out when I used Firefox.

0 Kudos
VantaBlackTV
Reel Rookie

@cocotower I'm using Edge and I set up my checking account. I think the system is locked, when I click to submit my tax forms, I don't see an option to select "LLC - Single Member". 

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Choose the closest thing even "sole proprietor" or "other" if those options are there.  The thing that matters is getting the "exempt from withholding" part right.  They don't make that choice obvious but I do believe it was near the bottom of a drop-down list of filing statuses.

0 Kudos
StevenEsqTwo
Binge Watcher

I changed from PayPal to ACH transfer to see if there would be a difference (paypal fees?).   

The Roku system says I'm "enrolled" and all my information is verified.  All green checks.  I should be good to go but as of today, no deposit. 

With PayPal, the Roku payment always came around the 26th or 27th of the month.  Anyone notice a delay?  Anyone get paid yet?

Veteran Publisher
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Our developer account that uses PayPal came on the 25th.  A separate account that uses a checking account has not arrived yet as of 8-30.  On 8-28 an e-mail rep said that payments were not processed yet.

My tax forms were updated well in advance, but yours might have been updated after payments were attempted, so maybe send an e-mail to Partner Sucess and see what's up, and then post your findings here.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

I might add that there is no pattern to when you'll get paid through PayPal or your checking account.  As I said, we have two developer accounts and we've seen checking account deposits days before the other account's PayPal deposit, and vice-versa, suggesting that humans are most likely behind the payout process, and the dates have been as early as the 22nd of the month and as late as the 31st.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Upon further examination, the Roku policy says payouts are made no later than *60* days after the end of the month in which payments were received through Roku Pay.  I could swear on my life it used to be 30 days, and always has been for years.  If Roku changed it to 60 days, then, oh boy.  Wow.  Somebody post whether or not you recall it being 60 days all along, or when the policy was updated.

0 Kudos
caldev
Binge Watcher

I had to enter the EIN in SSN format, which was weird. but it was finally accepted. LLC.

0 Kudos