Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VantaBlackTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Payout Settings update nightmare

@caldev Thanks I tried that but still received the msg "We couldn't validate your tax form". This is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

After submitting the form, refresh your MICROSOFT EDGE browser tab occasionally for up to 15 minutes or so to see if you've been verified.  If not, double-check your IRS business name, address, EIN, etc. and resubmit.  If you're using a SSN and PayPal account you could be instantly verified.  These suggestions are based on our own experience having two different kinds of Roku developer accounts.  The account using EIN and a checking account took roughly 15 minutes to be verified.

0 Kudos
VantaBlackTV
Reel Rookie

@cocotower  They verified my account, I keep failing when I click to "Update my tax form". I click to create update my W9, all of the info is already input from previously entering them. For some reason when I finish creating the W9 I receive an email that they couldn't validate my tax form even though I called the IRS and they validated what I was entering is correct.

0 Kudos
caldev
Binge Watcher

Now I'm stuck on Tax Forms, every time I click complete tax forms it says:

"Please try again after 2 minutes by refreshing this screen and clicking on the Payment Settings link in the left navigation bar."

I've read through this, cleared the cache, tried firefox, chrome, and even.. edge that was suggested. same error. Not sure what to do here.

0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Still a nightmare, still getting only a canned response.

Cue rolleyes

Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Had a nightmare last year, no payout for months. 6 months later here I am again same updates, different issues, Roku stopped payments which thankfully I have resolved via another contact due to my months long prior issues.

partner success (cough) just keep telling me to wait. Two weeks of just wait after two weeks of not getting anywhere.

very frustrating

glad I’m not the only one this time, well I’d rather no one had to go though this.

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Hello,

I guess everyone else has gotten things worked out? The tax form does not populate the information that I have typed in the first section. I have used different browsers. Different computers. I have been working on this for months so maybe someone here has some info to help.

Perhaps I have somehow made a mistake someplace but I have read it and checked it over and over.

I was told for single member LLC to choose the individual option at the first step. I have my personal name and for the dba name the company name . So far, have I  made an error? I have my SSN entered. In the beginning I had typed in the EIN if the LLC but after reading info on the IRS site and other pages it said to use the SSN of the one member owner so I corrected this. Support said they had reset the form for me but it still does not populate. The tax form section will not reflect the changes. The tax form still has the business name on line 1 and the EIN of the LLC still entered and not the info I have typed in on the first section....it will not populate my personal name onto line 1, business name line 2 and single member LLC option should be chosen.

There are 2 options for LLC in the tax section. One is corp and the 2nd says partnership. Since it is not a partnership I chose the Corp (but this should be a disregarded entity). Under LLC corp, I next had to choose the "S" classification because nothing else fits. 

I would love for someone to tell me where I have messed up so I can complete. BTW everything verified before I went to the tax section.

Where have I messed up? 

http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Just keep it with our EIN, sole prop or single-member LLC, and be done with it.  The lines that show your actual name, and your DBA might not matter that much enough to keep holding up your revenue.  The IRS knows by your SSN or EIN who you are, and it just works out especially when they are collecting.  🙂 

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Thank you for the reply.

I tried again today but just a blank area with left menu for the tax form section. It's possible they are trying to figure out why it will not populate the info I entered. 

I have been trying to figure out where I could have made a mistake.  In the first part of the process I chose "individual" and entered my personal name for "Legal Business Name as per Tax Form" since it's a single member LLC and then for the Doing Business As section I entered the business name. I assume that much is correct. In the other steps I entered SSN and it validated. Entered banking and it validated.

Perhaps on the tax section I'm making a mistake. There is no specific choice for single member LLC when you begin the tax section. There is Corporation, LLC Corp, LLC Partnership, Other. How do you begin the process over since there is no "reset" ? So I went back to the Entity details and retyped info again to see if it would reset. 

I could have filled out a W9 and snail mailed many times over by now. I read the IRS site to make sure I was correct and it suggests to use SSN for single member LLC so I left it that way the last time it allowed me to edit the Entity info.

Anyway, I can't submit anything until the tax section starts working again on my browsers. I've been trying Chrome, Edge and Firefox and in the past tried my phone on and off wifi. I'll keep jogging thru the browsers again today to see if it will load... maybe they are working on it. I know they have been conversing by email and I've been sharing screenshots to show the beginning section info is not populating on the W9.

Thanks for the comment. Much appreciated.

http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos