Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onnhelp89
Reel Rookie

USB Debugging and developer mode on my ONN roku tv?

Please help! I have a ONN roku tv and need to know if or how to get into usb debugging mode or developer mode..thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: USB Debugging and developer mode on my ONN roku tv?

I think you're assuming there is a USB debugging mode.  I've never heard of such a thing on a Roku TV, so it would have to be onn specific.  As for Roku developer mode...

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/developer-setup.md

I think you'll find it's useless for whatever you're trying to do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Onnhelp89
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the advice but what I was told was that I needed to enable these features to get my amazon firestick to work on my onn roku tv. Is that not correct??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's definitely not correct.  It's no different than connecting a Blu-ray player or anything else that connects to an HDMI port.  This isn't a developer issue, so you may want to post in the Roku TV section , although I'm not sure it's even a Roku issue.  You should be able to just plug it in and select the proper input on your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos