Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Web Store: 3 non-game "Games"?

I noticed in the web channel store a new game... that when i looked at it, was all described in French and did not seem like a game but a podcast. I looked further and strangely found 2 more non-games in that category.

However, looking in the player's Channel Store in "Games" does not show these 3 channels (coincidently web store shows 142 games, player's shows 139), which raises suspicion something might be whacked with the web site? They all seem added in June '16. Here goes:

Lucky Diner Bingo TV
"RokuGuide" wrote:
Move along folk, nothing to see here. Another channel that should have remained a private Roku channel has found its way into the Roku channel store. The entire channel consists of "Test Videos" that are mostly random music videos. The "Live" category states that no live events are scheduled, and the two categories of videos on demand contain several miscellaneous music videos that are all titled "Test Video."
Eh? How did this even pass review muster even? Nvm games, there is nothing in it, it's not ready for public view on general principle...

L'Épée Légendaire
"RokuGuide" wrote:
L'Épée Légendaire is French for Legendary Sword. The channel currently carries the 12 most-recent episodes of the French-language podcast by the same name, which covers "video game, techno and geekitude for all audiences."
It is a podcast indeed, not a game.

Epic Talkshow
"RokuGuide" wrote:
Epic Talkshow is a French-language video blog about video games. There are currently nine episodes available, and each is around 1-1/2 hours long.
Still a podcast - not a game.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Re: Web Store: 3 non-game "Games"?

Thanks for the report.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Web Store: 3 non-game "Games"?

Thanks for checking. I am not sure if it's software or curation issue - if i knew to be the latter i'd posted into the "Time to Scrub the Channel Store"
0 Kudos