Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekwongmi
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel No Longer Loads Correctly

Tried in multiple devices.

Devices - Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Express 4k
All- system upgraded / restarted
Restarted modem + router
Checked feed errors on Roku Developer, no errors, been refreshing the feed fine.
Doubled checked json syntax, no errors.
Happened to both of the Direct Publisher channels that I managed, at the same time since FRI/SAT.

Screencap at https://vimeo.com/868038732/6fa59e1650?share=copy

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @derekwongmi,

Thank you for updating us!

You seem to have taken a ton of fantastic troubleshooting steps. No worries! We will be glad to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select a system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derekwongmi
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I've used one of the device to perform the procedure you outlined above, resulting in the same result, no change. Also to add, I've also added a  "preview updates channel" from within the direct publisher page before, also same result, no change.

0 Kudos
HDRomper
Channel Surfer

I have done all that Roku suggested down to removing the channel, restart and reinstall. Still not loading content.

0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

Same issue here. To add a little more context, I must have done a search on my channel before this issue. If I go into search, the result is there (even though NO content shows on the channel). When I click on the result, I can play from where I had left off or restart the video....and the video plays. Including the video to demonstrate.

https://silverwerks.tv/s/rokuissue

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for sharing these details!

You appear to have done an excellent job of troubleshooting. No worries! We will be happy to assist you further with this issue. Did you try to use an alternative wireless network like a mobile hotspot and see if that fixes the issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derekwongmi
Channel Surfer

Uninstalled the channel.
Connected to a hotspot.
Restart system.
Confirm it's still connected to hotspot.
Reinstall channel.
Same Result.

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

It has nothing to do with the network connection.  Everything else streams perfectly fine, just not Direct Publisher channels.

jsonnentag
Streaming Star

What it "acts like" is that Roku's ingestion and processing system went completely down as far as users getting feed info when viewing channels goes.  Every Direct Publisher channel is still listed as having been ingested perfectly fine though.

adamesq
Streaming Star

Agreed w/@jsonnentag. Other channels stream without an issue. The Network is not the problem

However...I went ahead & connected via mobile hotspot to a different ISP just so I could the question. That made no difference. I even tried restarting and relaunching the channel.