Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
podworx
Streaming Star

Re: Channel No Longer Loads Correctly

This is happening on all Roku devices/TVs.  It's happening on different networks on different homes.  Rebooting the router/modem has no effect.

This is a Roku-based issue that apparently is affecting many DP-based channels.

HDRomper
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately it is most likely that Roku doesn't care. We are not a source of profit for them. They forget that many of us are actual Roku account holders for many years. Have promoted them for years. We subscribe to and pay for paid channels. We can with some effort switch to Fire and move our accounts to there. Basically, seems they dumped us over profit and not over community.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem accessing your channel(s) on your Roku device. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing so that we can assist you further. Please provide the details below:

• What specific channels are you having issues with?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • When did this start happening?
  • Can you send us a photo of what you see on screen when launching a channel?

Meanwhile, please check your Home > Settings > System > About and see if your Roku device is still linked to your email address, indicating that your Roku device is still activated.

We'll be waiting for your kind response.

Warm regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDRomper
Channel Surfer

Our DP channels not loading content (all of them):

OTEL Music Videos

OTEL MetalJam

OTEL Talk

OTEL Universe

Champion Now

Life Altering Events

Latin Wave TV

WOM TV

Our associate DP channels not loading content (we maintain all of them but ISSA):

ISSA TV

iambeast network

KNOB TV

REBEL TV

In short: none of the DP channels I go check are loading the content.

0 Kudos
derekwongmi
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL 

- Both Direct Publisher Channels that I manage. Muskegon Channel, and Channel 96 Muskegon.

- Other channels appears to be fine.

- Over the last weekend it started.

- Screen cap https://vimeo.com/868038732/6fa59e1650 , and to add, you can search for contents and they do appear in search results and play.

- Roku device is linked to account correctly and activated.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
HDRomper
Channel Surfer

OTEL Music videos not loading.jpg

0 Kudos
TSC850
Reel Rookie

We are also experiencing the exact same issues as everyone else (six Direct Publisher channels). The app loads, fails to populate the home screen with any videos, then displays only a "Search" and "About" options. The search option actually works and videos can be played from the search screen. It's not a feed issue, or network issue, or individual channel issue. It is obviously a Direct Publisher platform issue. We've contacted Roku support and received the same response as everyone else (sunsetting DP, no support). However, in over 20 years in the media business, I have never seen a top-tier company like Roku abandon a platform before the planned sunset date. I sincerely hope that is not the case here. Many of us work with small teams and have to prioritize based on deadlines. And we would very much appreciate Roku's support in adhering to the original sunset date of January 2024. 

podworx
Streaming Star

Eunice,

I appreciate the effort you are putting into these questions. However, it is clear this is not an "us" issue.  It is a "Roku" issue.  

If you're able, please shift your focus to the real problem at hand; scores of DP channels are dead as a result of a back-end decision made by Roku, and as a result, many of us are struggling to maintain our client relationships.

The fact Roku has told many of us we're on our own is not a feature.  Regardless of the reasoning behind the DP-ending for January 2024, Roku should have the integrity to support us as we work to migrate.

Thank you.

TVChannelDevel
Binge Watcher

If any of you have spent any money advertising on Roku to garner more installations, as we have quite recently, I would recommend requesting a refund from Roku.

jsonnentag
Streaming Star

@HDRomper wrote:

Unfortunately it is most likely that Roku doesn't care. We are not a source of profit for them. They forget that many of us are actual Roku account holders for many years. Have promoted them for years. We subscribe to and pay for paid channels. We can with some effort switch to Fire and move our accounts to there. Basically, seems they dumped us over profit and not over community.

SOME people care, but it remains to be seen if they can get the people running and controlling things to "see the light". . . .

I'm in the beta testing of things program so just to try to make things more widely known listed out the problem there.  I have received these 2 things back.  Hopefully somebody will get moving on the problem, which is OBVIOUSLY on the Roku management and support end and not on people and their individual Direct Publisher channels.

-----

jpulling Replied to BUG-00500
Sep 25, 2023 @ 2:11 PM
ok thanks for the link. 

I have passed this on to some folks that work with developing partners to look at. I got the same info about a stop date --> DirectPublisher is actually in the process of being deprecated with a sunset date set for Jan 2024 (Roku blog post) 

which sounds like the channels should still be working. 
This is not a beta issue though with 12.5.. this is something else, so I am trying to get more info if possible. and we've had some recent organization changes. so its going to take some nudging along..  

Jon
--------
jpulling Replied to BUG-00500
Sep 25, 2023 @ 2:24 PM
I was passed this link with info on converting your channels.
https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset 

I know that does not help with correcting our statement of when the DP program would be deprecated.  I have passed all info on and the forum link you posted, which I read through as well. 
I'm trying to undo the "LAME"  😉 

Jon