Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biblestudywvbs
Reel Rookie

Re: DP to SceneGraph wizard tool released

@ferdiworks  thank you i sent you an email. thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@biblestudywvbs To clear up any potential confusion, please direct any questions regarding the software to me at GitHub.  I am the developer of the wizard software.

Please direct questions about converting your channel to @ferdiworks .

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Charles012
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your replies! Anybody available to help with bright-sdk integration?

0 Kudos
RCDev

@genepensiero  , @biblestudywvbs  to "lift" the 500kb limit go into Components - content  and open the RootHandler.brs with an editor .... you'll find the settings there - just make the limit bigger 🙂 

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

@ RCDev

There is no Roothandler file in the DP to Scenegraph software output package files!

However if your refering to The Template that Roku is telling everyone to use then yes there is a Root handler file and it can be edited! But be advised that the Roku template in my opinon has many issues and after testing and using the DP to Scenegraph software tool found it to be an excellent starting point for anyone wanting to convert a channel to SDK before loosing it in Jan 2024 if you cannot hire a developer or don't have the budget too!

Also The Template edits posted by Phlume of the Roku template  has a Root Handler file that can be edited and has neen tested and found to be working but does not parse categories except for one line Shortform, series, movies but it also can have many issues to get it to work right if your not familar to code editing!

As always please direct any questions on The Direct Publisher to Scenegraph Software tool to the Creator Baradanikto

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

@ Charles

I hope the enqrypted package I sent you has helped! Thanks for reaching out!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Thanks for that tip, @RCDev.

By the way, after working with the files ferdiworks shared, I have succesfully had my channel approved and published.

Many, many thanks to ferdiworks and this community!

0 Kudos
Kubiku

I need help with a covert direct channel to Sdk.

Can someone help me

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kubiku,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. You can check here for a Direct Publisher to SDK Conversion Guide.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Yes we maybe able to help depending on your needs

Contact us on website contact form

https://ondemandtvnetworks.com/contact.html