Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
podworx
Streaming Star

Re: DP to SceneGraph wizard tool released

When adding the new zip file to the Roku dev environment, after the splash screen appears, I get a "Please wait. Loading. . ." message that doesn't go away.  The splash screen, background image, topper image, and Roku home page images all load correctly.

This happens on the two channels I've tested this on.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

First, you should not post questions or issues here as I asked in my original post.

Second, make sure you have an up to date version of the tool. There have been many releases as the tool is further developed.

If you still have an issue, please go to the GitHub site to discuss.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Hi and welcome. 

Baradanikto is correct as he is the developer of the software and asks all to come by Github for support and use of the software.
I Have found that the issue you are referring to happens when the template is trying to load the feed, this can occur for many reasons for example too much data in the feed, Scenegraph SDK templates should not be more than 500 MB of data, and while some can get away with pushing the limits having too many videos in feed, the type of videos in the feed, the  Video providers bandwidth and server can slow loading and many other reasons. The main thing is to check your feed for category tags. Quires and/or playlist tags. check video links to ensure they play in the browser as bad video or image links can cause issues. Note that the feed format and code are important as some use JSON feeds, some use MRSS feeds and some use both! The type of Video you use such as short-form video, Movies, Series and episodes, or tvSpecials, and the length of video over 15 minutes can determine the time it loads as well. 

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

Whoops, sorry about that.  I've posted on Github.

0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

Thanks for this info.  All the feeds are properly formatted, as far as I can tell.  They've been used on DP-based Roku channels for years.

One interesting (ie; scary) observation; all my active channels have not gone down. After getting pass the splash screen, the screen flickers a few times (with ghosted images of where the videos would be) and then only shows the Search and About options.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I understand what you are saying, You need to convert over to SDK either way. You can send me the feed link to look at if you like. I look at the get hub post!

The software should work for you as long as the feed is good and has the proper category tags!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Hello, not sure if I post here or github but my question is, how updated is the Wizard output SG channel? Does it pass current channel certification with deep linking and all? Thanks

0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

YES. There's a good amount of support there too. Just moved from DP using it last month.

ferdiworks
Roku Guru

All support is done on the Github page!

OnDemandTV
johnary
Streaming Star

I'm working off a Mac so I can't run the software. Can anyone post a copy of their SDK file that I could edit for my own channel?

0 Kudos