Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: DP to SceneGraph wizard tool released

@johnary First, playlists are not required.  Your feed file has at least one problem.  I loaded it into The Channel Feed Manager and it reported the following:

An error has been detected in your feed file: 'Invalid type. Expected Array but got String. Path 'shortFormVideos[71].genres', line 1953, position 24.'

I then took a look at your feed file and noticed this:

"genres": "",

Genres is an array of strings.  Your feed file defines it as a single string. 

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
johnary
Streaming Star

Thank you @Baradanikto and @ferdiworks. I just scheduled my DP channel to update to SDK. You're help was invaluable.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Glad to hear you are up and running, But don't thank me, all the credit goes to @Baradanikto for his work in the DP to Scenegraph software. I just took an older version of his work and edited it for your feed so you could use your Mac to edit the files!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
mattk27
Binge Watcher

We created a SDK tool with a free option as well as one-time purchase options for monetization and etc, here:  https://sdkconverter.com/

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.57.12 PM.png

Matt
https://sdkconverter.com/
0 Kudos
dhacker291

Thanks for this! I have my channel created and looking great.

I am at a loss on how to do the Deep linking stuff in order to pass Channel Behavior Analysis. If anyone can point me to some resources to I would appreciate it.
When I first converted it using Roku's basic DP to SceneGraph I was not required to do the deep linking.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Ig you are using the DP to SceneGraph software the deeplinking is done for you and you just complete it in the Roku developer dashboard under the deep linkng Tab:

From the dropdown select video type from your feed file, for example = shortform, movie, tvspecial or series!
Content ID = Add one video ID number from your feed file
Content Title = Add The video title!
Only do this for one video click to save it = Done!
Publish channel!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Hey Gang, I kind of have a backward request 🙂 I have a SceneGraph channel based on this template here;

GitHub - rokudev/videoplayer-channel: SceneGraph version of the SDK1 VideoPlayer Channel

Which I have paid a developer for in the past to get issues with it fixed like Deep linking, Roku Pay Subscription, etc.. and I was wondering if anyone is able to convert it to Direct Publisher then I can use this app here going forward to convert it back to SDK for any future fixes/compliant issue, etc... so I don't have to pay a developer again to update it for me? Thank you

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

There may be a bit of a disconnect here.  The only requirement for Direct Publisher was a JSON feed file.  There was no coding required from the user.  If you want to use the wizard tool, you only need your JSON feed file that defines your channel.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Oh, so all DP channels basically have the same GUI/Look in how it presents the content?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@matrixebiz That is correct.  The UI for DP channels was a "Grid" style layout.

0 Kudos