Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamesq
Streaming Star

Deep Linking Not Covered in DP to SceneGraph

I'm all the way past packaging now, but still waiting to figure out how to get the categories to show up in SceneGraph! 

Another problem showed up...Deep Linking issue. Deep Linking isn't even mentioned on Roku's page for converting DP channels. I have nothing in that section...never have.

With 7 hours in for this conversion today (since all DP channels are currently blank...3 months before the change-over), .I'm hoping someone has a quick run-down on how to get the deep linking straightened out quickly. 🤪OOF! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Deep Linking Not Covered in DP to SceneGraph

Use the DP to Scenegraph tool in my signature below.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

I've been reading about it, but it's Windows only, but appreciate your work for the PC ppl!

First time I've had a need for Windows in many, many years. I'll try looking through some of the code.

0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

Does it somehow get around the deep linking mess?

HOW did Roku completely leave this out of the entire procedure for moving a channel over? It sounds like a complete nightmare.

Thanks to DP taking a dump 3 months early, I've got 2 full days in and just now ran into a Deep Linking disaster.🙄 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Your mistake is in assuming that the DP to Scenegraph guide is complete.  It's not. It's simply a "guide" to point you in the right direction.  It does leave out a bunch of requirements and that's why I decided to create the wizard tool.

And yes, it does implement deep linking.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

That sounds accurate, @Baradanikto! I managed to fire up a cloud client and try out the tool. I'm stuck on a now on "Please Wait. Loading..." 🤔 

I didn't want to post this into the Github yet. I'm over 9 hours in, so I've gotta escape for a few and do a little more searching to see if it's on my end (very likely is).

0 Kudos