Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R-o-k-u-Down
Reel Rookie

Feed Status stuck - The service is still processing your feed

I have a channel that is stuck for "The service is still processing your feed. Please check back again for updated status."

It has been more than 24 hours.

I have tried:
Roku Sample feed - https://devtools.web.roku.com/samples/roku-developers-feed-v1-rdp.json
WP Smart TV
JW Player

Nothing works, is it down again, does Roku have a system status page?

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Feed Status stuck - The service is still processing your feed

They were serious when they stated that they would "sunset" the DP by July 12th.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

We had that happen and kept checking all day yesterday on the 12th. Turns out it eventually digested the feed and videos and we were able to submit for publishing giving a date after the 12th!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
TWiT
Binge Watcher

Our feed is still stuck.  Tried to submit a new feed URL (figuring maybe an update would kick it into gear) and it says "JSON (SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 0)"

So...yeah.  It's all broken.  BOO!

TWiT.tv - This Week in Tech
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

We had a few clients go through this the past few days and it seems it's not everyone going through this issue, some reporting back there feed status updated within 24 to 48 hour after submitted. Others still waiting to see what happens. Did your update yet?

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Processing feeds has nothing to do with the end to creation of NEW CHANNELS on July 12.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

While many of us know that the feed status has nothing to do with creating new channels, but it has to do with existing DP channels that people want to update and convert to SDK. I myself have a few channels that I would like to convert to SDK but since January the feed status on those channels updated and those channels say they are published but the feed staus show two results, 1) Preview of feed status digested 2) Feed status of published = old feed status. Next when you click to convert to SDK you get a message that those channels are being published and cannot convert to SDK but they are published already as there is a bug in the system! Anyone can click to create a new channel and create an SDK channel. The sunsetting started july 12th and no more DP channel creation is aloud! Existing channels good till Jan 2024 and we should be able to update the feeds! 

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
TWiT
Binge Watcher

Our JSON file we use for the feed stopped being updated in our channel sometime after July 10th.  In the Feed URL Status screen, it STILL says "The service is still processing your feed. Please check back again for updated status." for the Published Version.

The Preview Version (which is actually pointed at the exact same URL) said "items ingested successfully" every day...so I'm certain it's not the JSON file that's the issue.

If I go to the Feed URL screen and press "Save", I still get told the same error I mentioned previously.  "JSON (SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 0)"

...so something is clearly messed up on their end.

TWiT.tv - This Week in Tech
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Well if your feed is showing digested for the preview and show a number of videos digested with no error on that page then there maybe a possability to recheck the json feed for a missing charater or exc essive extra charater. Ie you like poist or message me and ill take a look at it!

I found w Roku this year that if the feed shows digested even for the preview then it should display all items from the feed preview even thou it might not be officially a published version/ I have that issue where I am tryinh to convert to SDK and the preview version is digested and videos display from the newe feed when viewing on device but when I try to convert I get the error that it beinf published and I cannot convert!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Update: I kept going into my DP channel and clicking to refresh the feed and nothing! So I ntried to go in and update a few items like support info and images and feed url and then refresh again, after a few days the preview updated and showed the digested videos.

Now I am in process to convert to sdk!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos