Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Re: Feed Status stuck - The service is still processing your feed

Thanks for the update.  1 of my 4 channels is in the same situation now.  3 of the channels actually have EXACTLY the same feed and 2 are being ingested perfectly fine.  (3 channels with different names because Roku a few years ago STOPPED indexing anything but the channel names to make them "searchable" and able to be found in a search by people).

Anyway, the channel that doesn't function right never updated and showed the modified Categories a few weeks ago so I was playing with it more during the last few days.  Now practically everything has a mark beside it as having an update to be made except for the monetization (that's still at "no" so hasn't changed).  It is now taking forever to ingest the feed.  It has always ingested the feed perfectly fine before (or so it says and reports, even though a lot of things don't show up in the categories that they ought to and they DO show up just fine in the duplicate channels using the same feed).

. . .  Wait another day and then try modifying something else and see if it ever ingests I guess.

They whole setup seems like WAY too buggy and inconsistent a situation. . . .

0 Kudos
R-o-k-u-Down
Reel Rookie

First it was the feed not ingesting, then it moved to not able to submit for review. I keep getting the same message, I navigate elsewhere and then comeback and it shows not submitted.

I have been getting this message for over a week, it never submits.

Channel Scheduled for Publishing

Congratulations! Your channel has been scheduled for publishing and is under review.
Note: Any changes you make to the channel until it is published will automatically cancel the scheduled release.
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I just emailed partner success with a loom video showing my issues, see my other thread!

They now see my errors and will republish for me!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
TWiT
Binge Watcher

I wrote to Partner Success.  The first response (a day later) said, "Thank you for the information. I've filed a bug ticket and sent it over to our engineer team to troubleshoot."

The second response (3 days after that) said, "Unforutnaltey, we are in the process of sunsetting Direct Publiser, so we are no longer able to provide support. Please review our blog for more information, including how to convert your Direct Publisher channel to SDK: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset If you'd like to continue developing your Direct Publisher channel until the final sunset date, please reach out to our Developer Community OR Direct Publisher Community as we are unable to provide further support."  (Spelling errors are theirs.)

What a bunch of BS.  I was hoping to keep my channel online as Direct Publisher until the SDK conversion was complete...which would be a while since we've got other projects in the works at the moment.  Now I'm thinking I might just pull the entire channel and not have any option on Roku and tell our fans we recommend Apple TV.  (We're a large podcast network with over half a million downloads each week.)

TWiT.tv - This Week in Tech
0 Kudos
TPD4life
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels/edit/package/652492

Feed URL is ok but stuck in processing feed. This is an existing channel so should not have issues but who knows. Roku does not seem to support much

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

AFTER DOING A LOOM VIDEO SHOWING MY ISSUES Roku PARTNER SUCCESS has corrected my issue and allowed me to update to SDK

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Can someone clarify, what is the "submission process"?   I have my channel pretty much ready to submit (Thanks much Baradentiko for the software), Do I follow the steps in Section 4 of this: https://developer.roku.com/docs/direct-publisher/rdp-sdk-coversion-guide.md   including generating the Key etc?   Or do we have a different submission process?

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

submission process

Yes follow steps 4 through 9 in the: https://developer.roku.com/docs/direct-publisher/rdp-sdk-coversion-guide.md 

You have to take the template package zip file from the software and sideload it. Then digitally sign it! Then download the encrypted package from your Roku Device and upload it to your Roku Developer Account!

Then Run the Static Analysis and Deep Link,

Once done submit for publishing!

OnDemandTV
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Thanks much for that.  I was able to follow along and get most of the tech work done. However, strangely I am stuck on step 7? 

I don't see "Package Upload" in my Developer Dashboard under 'Preview & Publish'?  Am I not seeing this, or in the wrong area of the ddashboard?!

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

On Step 7

Upload the channel package (.pkg) file that you created in the previous step. In the Developer Dashboard, click Preview and Publish at the top of the page, and then select Package Upload. Accept the default versioning and minimum firmware information, click Upload a Package, and then browse to and select the .pkg file for your channel, and then click Save.

Once you login to the developer dashboard go to my channels!

On my channels dashboard, you will see your channels listed on the left and in the center, it will tell you if your channel is a Direct Publisher channel or an SDK Channel! Click on Options next to the Gear Wheel and select to Convert to SDK!

If your Channel is listed as a Direct Publisher channel you need to click to convert to SDK!

Only Then can you Upload an SDK Encrypted Package file to convert your channel to SDK!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos