Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Roku channels are removed by platform, due to unable to migrated to SDK version

Its not mine but Baradantiko's, but I don't see why it wouldn't support the Vimeo url feed. Does vimeo give you a url for it?   Only thing I would wonder is if SDK accepts the Vimeo's JSON coding. I don't see why it wouldn't, but there could be a strange glitch like 'Release Date not provided' or Long Description required' or something.

You can test the channel too, before submitting it. You'd install it local to your device using the 194.50 path.

0 Kudos
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channels are removed by platform, due to unable to migrated to SDK version

We are using Vimeo to store and stream videos

0 Kudos
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Vimeo videos and channels are there but Roku Channels are removed which causing trouble

0 Kudos
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the update. We are also trying to find a way to use OLD channels of the Roku so we don't need to start everything from scratch.

0 Kudos
GoingSolo
Channel Surfer

I did try SDK Converter and the SDK package when submitted errored.  So not sure if this service truly works?  Maybe someone knows?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@GoingSolo Consider using the FREE DP2SceneGraph wizard I wrote.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
seed

To restore your removed Roku channel and update to the required SDK version, reach out to Roku's support, update your channel's code, reapply for distribution, inform users, and monitor progress closely.

0 Kudos
seed

It sounds like the issue might be related to compatibility between Vimeo's URL feed and the Roku SDK. While Vimeo typically provides a URL for feeds, there could be potential glitches in how the SDK interprets Vimeo's JSON coding. Testing the channel locally before submission is a good idea to identify any potential issues. You can install it on your device using the path provided (194.50) to ensure it functions correctly before moving forward.

0 Kudos
ineel
Reel Rookie

If someone is still looking to convert a RDP to SDK channel and didn't had success, it is worth trying ottdash.com. I started a trial plan with them and shared my RDP feed via support ticket. They once pulled all my videos and meta data and ingested into their platforms. 

For $19/month, I get a Roku channel + AVOD website and a linear stream.

If you want to try that feel free to use my referral code: 10AJ

0 Kudos