Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josiah1010
Channel Surfer

Roku won't update feed file!

So, I update my feed file, and nothing. just says "Come back later to see updated feed status". Its ridiculous because I've waited for more than two weeks, and still nothing! I cannot update my already published channel with my new updates, because the feed file won't work!

The feed file seems to ingest because I am able to use Roku's handy "preview" button and see that Roku has indeed ingested and shows all my videos, but on the feed status page it just won't update at all.

I've had similar issues before, and I saw several other posts by others who had these same issues as well, and usually after a while, something happens and the channels start working again, but it would be great if this didn't happen so often.

It is tough to know that if you want to make some minor changes to your channel, that it will take upwards a month to even get approved before you are able to press the "Publish" button and then wait another whole week.

Would appreciate some help, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
newchannel
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won't update feed file!

There is an old post related to this problem so I guess it's happening again.

Today I went to work on my channel and the new videos that were fine and displaying since 5/10 have all disappeared It's as if it reverted back to the old json but he new json has been injested everyday with no problems.

I don't get it. Can be pretty frustrating to say the least.

http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
josiah1010
Channel Surfer

So, my question is, if Roku really wants to become the worlds #1 tv platform, why not make it easier to create channels!? At least give decent support! I love the Roku team, and the Roku itself, don't get me wrong. When they actually do respond, usually they can resolve the issues your having in a few hours, but honestly, I've already been waiting a whole month to make updates to my channel, then I posted this topic and sent a email to support and opened a ticket ---still nothing.

I really need to get these issues resolved. Please help!

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Almost the same problem here.

It's not a new feed, It was working for many months, Digested with no error, 2 of the series got the problem. I contacted the help desk no answer so far.

How many days is the waiting line to get a response?

0 Kudos
josiah1010
Channel Surfer

2 Months later....

Still waiting................Capture.JPG

0 Kudos