Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvd1022
Roku Guru

Roku voice remote pro accidently pairing to Roku TV when trying to set up streaming stick

Hi, 

I just brought a new Roku streaming stick 4k with the voice remote pro. I am gradually in the process of upgrading my external Roku devices as some are starting to get outdated. When I plugged in the streaming stick tonight to do the initial set up, I was unable to pair the voice remote with the stick, but it accidentally paired with my Roku TV that I was using one of the HDMI inputs to use the device. Despite several attempts to unpair the remote from my TV and to pair it with the stick so I can activate it for use, nothing has worked and even unpairing the voice remote with the onscreen code doesn't work because any time I hit the pairing button, it automatically pairs to the TV. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this.

The remote is the rechargeable voice remote pro and the stick is the 2023 4k streaming stick. I would also like to know if Roku might have an exchange program as I have several devices going back to around 2011 that I would like to upgrade to newer hardware if possible. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku voice remote pro accidently pairing to Roku TV when trying to set up streaming stick

@bvd1022-

Do you have access to a separate TV you could use in order to pair the remote to the Streaming Stick?

If so try this:

• Connect Streaming Stick to TV #2. 
  • Pull the power plug for the TV the new remote is currently paired to.
  • Pairing to the Streaming Stick. 
  • Once paired to the stick, plug the TV #1# back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos