Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

People have been providing this information for MONTHS, myself included. Yet to date the issue seems to only be getting worse. Is there any chance this issue is going to get resolved. This has been going on for OVER 6 MONTHS.

nlk11021
Binge Watcher

As I think I've said before, this is the "cell phone service provider" support model. Pretend you're earnest about solving a customer's problem but put so many obstacles in their way that they ultimately give up. Even if they go elsewhere you know there will be x # of new customers coming in to replace them.

I mean, is Roku saying they've actually TRIED to replicate the problem but couldn't? That they watched Hulu with ads through any of the innumerable Roku devices they must have and DIDN'T see the lag? Really hard to believe.

It's like the NFL and their "plus" service: There is an audio lag on certain replays which they claim doesn't exist. In this case they already have my yearly subscription fee so there's no incentive for them to do anything. Even though it would be simple for them to actually TRY to watch those specific games they prefer not to make the effort. 

Who knows?

Ssoto
Reel Rookie

Agree! People have provided the requested info over several months. For Roku to keep asking for it is disingenuous is just an attempt to make them look like they are doing something. They already have sufficient data to research the problem.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured, once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We are gathering more information. Please refer to the post above by @RokuEuniceL so we can additionally pass it along to our appropriate Roku team.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!
Well two solutions actually.

Either swap your roku out for any other player, they all handle hulu live.
Or change from hulu live to youtube tv for 18$ a month less then hulu charges.

Problem solved.
Been using youtube live for over a week now and extremely happy with it, they even fixed the loud as **bleep** commercial issue we just lived with from hulu live, you know when your falling asleep and then all of a sudden a commercial comes on and the volume is OFF THE SCALE and wakes you so hard you practically make a hole in the ceiling with your entire body and then you have go get your cat off the ceiling and calm your dog and hamster down. Yeah Youtube has NOT that problem, which only proves it can be done.

BTW, Roku was "working" on that issue as well, for several years now, just as they have been with this one for several months now.

But fear not, Roku should have plenty opf resources to fix all these type of issues come decmeber 2023 when they end the direct channel support and unceremoniously cut out all the small publishers that made Roku what it is. You know the guys backs they built their empire on. plenty of resources then..

http://www.TVByDemand.com
Stevepariseau
Reel Rookie

• Well mitchstein surely is no help at all. 
0 Kudos
Josh16
Channel Surfer

Way to go mitchstein! We went to YouTube TV too a couple of months ago and are sooo happy! We would have gone to another player but already had invested in two Streambars and a 53” Hisense Roku TV. 

LMAO on the super loud commercial story! Yep, it’s so nice not having to deal with those frustrating issues anymore! Hulu Live and Roku will both lose customers if they don’t get their s*#@ together and fix this! Roku moderators keep saying their engineers are aware of the issue, but we know that’s BS. Why are the moderators continuously asking their customers for details about the issue if their engineers are aware of and working on it? Why do they keep offering the same failed solutions?

Sad to hear about Roku ending channel support and cutting out small publishers at the end of the year.

Continue to enjoy YouTube TV and sleeping soundly through the night with the TV on! 

0 Kudos
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Would someone else try these settings please.

Settings

Audio

Audio mode = Stereo

Preferred streaming format = Dolby

Digital output format = Stereo

Restart Roku

This has helped my lag 

Everything was set to auto before.

0 Kudos

I came here about this very problem and changed all the settings as you suggested. I think it worked. THANK YOU

0 Kudos
Swtns
Channel Surfer

I will try anything 

0 Kudos