Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Roku

One more point if interest. If I get a 3 or 4 second delay in audio at the start of a commercial.  I can't duplicate it if I run the program back?

The same commercial plays fine on the replay.

This happened on the History Channel.

Everytime I see a lag in a commercial.  It always plays fine when rewound and replayed.

So it's odd that only the live stream has the issue. 

I will monitor shows that are recorded. I'll be looking for the commercials to lag here on playback as well...

Curious to see if they experience the same..

0 Kudos

Having same issues

0 Kudos
turk69
Reel Rookie

Did you try to change the settings the way 1 of the posts says a couple pages back? It worked for me. I had audio lag for a year.

0 Kudos
turk69
Reel Rookie

Settings

Audio

Audio mode = Stereo

Preferred streaming format = Dolby

Digital output format = Stereo

Restart Roku

This has helped my lag 

Everything was set to auto before

0 Kudos

How about we all demand that Hulu provide the Live TV for FREE until the issue is resolved??

Watch how fast they fix it

mitchstein
Roku Guru

The solution is very simple..
Switch to youtube tv app from hulu, 20 bucks a month less and no lag, no audio synch issues and has all the same channels.. Been happy with it for 3 months now and we are watching the same channels on youtube tv that we watched on hulu but now without the laggy problem, we didn't have to change any settings on the roku or reboot or do anything, it just works the way it is supposed to work.

http://www.TVByDemand.com
Josh16
Channel Surfer

Well said mitchstein! We also switched to YouTube TV and have been very happy. No more audio lag! I agree with you 100%. Why should the customer have to change settings, push various buttons on the remote, reboot or continue to try other failed solutions suggested by Roku? 

mitchstein
Roku Guru

total true!!

they are forgetting that ppl want things to just work. the worst thing in the old days was having to get up and adjust the antennas, then cable came out and fixed the problem. Which is the only reason cable made money at all.

Customer satisfaction is the most important thing in retail and service. They, roku and hulu need to go back to basics and start enforcing the same quality guidelines on the big players they enforce on us little guys..

http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos