Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHLPCSAC

Pandora will not work on my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I've had Roku devices for about 9-10 years and I've never had a problem.  Now, my Pandora channel app won't open.  I've been listening to Pandora via my Roku devices all these years but now I'm getting an error message that says: "An Unexpected error has occurred. Please try again.

I've tried again about 50 times and still no luck.  Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pandora will not work on my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi, @megeezer @gkstep794.

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot the app to no avail. 

In this instance, it may be possible that an update has been made or will be made with the Pandora app. With this being said, could you please highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to update it? After doing so, if the issue persists, it will be an ideal option to directly raise your concerns to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform.

Kindly visit Pandora's official customer support website to reach them. 

We hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DHLPCSAC,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device by going to Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gkstep794
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought newest Express 4K+, after installing the Pandora app will not launch the same either for me. I removed app and reinstalled and have the same results.  Restarted system and still same issue. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gkstep794,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried on this issue with Pandora. To see if this helps.

Try connecting your device to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, and see if that resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
megeezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After many years on an older model, just purchased and installed Roku 4K Express. Cannot even find my often-used  Pandora channel using the remote. It showed up as a channel on my account via the website, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora.

When I try to use it with the new 4K Express it wil not launch, showing an error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times, restarted the system, etc., with the same result.

gkstep794
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FYI, I have an older Express 4K + and new one on the same home WiFi network. The older one has no problem logging in to Pandora, but the newest one bought thru Amazon still will not launch Pandora. Tried all the suggestions. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @megeezer @gkstep794.

We appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot the app to no avail. 

In this instance, it may be possible that an update has been made or will be made with the Pandora app. With this being said, could you please highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to update it? After doing so, if the issue persists, it will be an ideal option to directly raise your concerns to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform.

Kindly visit Pandora's official customer support website to reach them. 

We hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
megeezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not a Pandora problem, RokuCarly.

And I must say, RokuCarly, I find it more than curious that you refer to Pandora as an "app" rather than the previous term, "channel."

Indeed, the whole concept of "channels" seem to be altered with the new Express 4K.

Updating, uninstalling, or reinstalling Pandora can only be done through my laptop and the ROKU website -- not the new Express 4k remote. In fact, unless a Channel such as Pandora has been previously installed through my account and the ROKU website via a PC, the new Express 4K remote cannot find Pandora (e.g., via a "search"), or any other Music Service (e.g., Amazon), or for that matter any other "Channels" (other than the "ROKU Channel") - only things that (that do not include music services) now appear to instead be called "apps" rather than Channels.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I used Pandora on my Ultra 4800 on Christmas Eve without an issue. I'll have to check it on my Express 4K+. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
megeezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I purchased, via Walmart, a ROKU Streaming Stick 4K. Lo and behold, I can use the remote to search for Pandora "channel", load it, and start it operating. I can also find other "channels" (not just so-called "apps") and even can see other music services -- not just lousy "app" playlists by "I Heart whatever."

The EXPRESS 4K went where it belongs, in the trash.

I'm on my 4th or 5th ROKU device over quite a few years, and up until now the experience has always been excellent.

But as to the EXPRESS 4K I have to say beware all. A product like that getting out into the wild is not a good look for the folks at ROKU.