Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Big_T
Reel Rookie

Roku stuck on loading screen and the player won't reset.

Roku turns on but is stuck on the loading screen with the Roku logo dancing but will not progess last this. I attempted to do a manual resent on the back of the box, but all that happens is the system turns itself off and does not come back on. I tried unplugging the roku again and again and nothing changed. I tried performing a reset with remote sequence with no effect. Unsure of what to do now.

Express 4k+ model# 3941x

22 REPLIES 22
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stuck on loading screen and the player won't reset.

You didn't mention your Roku model.

If it is one that supports inserting an auxiliary SD memory card, a corrupted SD card can prevent the player from advancing from the "dancing letters" startup screen to the Roku home screen.  Try removing the SD card and restarting the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Big_T
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I updated to include make and model. No SD card on the unit. 

0 Kudos
fredneck
Roku Guru

I have had something similar happen to our Roku a while back. What fixed it was pretty simple. My remote batteries had given up, and the remote became unresponsive. The symptoms were a stuck screen and nothing I did would let me get past it until I replaced the batteries. While this may not be what's happening to your Roku, as a last resort, I would try a fresh set of batteries in your remote.

Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels
0 Kudos
Luluandthefork
Channel Surfer

I’m having this same issue with the same Roku Express 4K+, 3941X Model. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Big_T
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately no, I ended up buying a firestick instead. 😞

0 Kudos
headly1
Reel Rookie

I am also having this exact issue with my Roku Express 4K+, model number 3941x.  We have done the soft resets and the factory reset multiple times, to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Perhaps, it's an issue with this make and model?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @headly1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
headly1
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza,

Thanks for the suggestion.  We do have the device into the wall and has always been so.  Sadly, it still doesn't work.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@headly1

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos