Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phpbb
Channel Surfer

Xfinity Audio Getting Garbled or Lost (A continuation of the Xfinity Audio Out-of-Sync issue)

Jump to solution

Hello all,

This issue was reported (and closed) as fixed for many but not for all: Xfinity Audio Out of Sync

Unfortunately I am still having similar audio issues. So, after updating my 3 Roku Streaming Stick + units (and the Xfinity app itself) the volume still becomes degraded and garbled after varying intervals of operation. Next, I tried changing the audio options to "stereo" and now the audio disappears completely (instead of getting degraded and garbled). FYI, I did not touch the volume mode (set to off).

For reference, here is the information for one of my 3 Roku Streaming Stick + units:

Model 3810x, Software 12.5.5 Build 4174-50, Device ID C138D1864074

Also, here is the Xfinity Stream app version: 6.14, Build 0

Just for the record, Roku reported my connectivity as excellent.

So, my final test was to go out and buy one of your competitors 4k Max sticks and that completely solved all the Roku-related audio issues. Moreover, my download speed was bench-marked (by the new 4k Max) at 372 Mbps.

In summary, I think Roku needs to re-address this issue because the problem is clearly still present for some of us, and, the fact that installing a competitors 4k Max stick actually fixes the issues, clearly points to the root cause being either the hardware or software of the affected Roku units.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
phpbb
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity Audio Getting Garbled or Lost (A continuation of the Xfinity Audio Out-of-Sync issue)

Jump to solution

Update: When I made the original post (above), I failed to realize the 4k Max and the Roku units are each running  uniquely (eg, different) developed versions of the Xfinity Streaming app; therefore, I cannot say (conclusively) that the root cause of the problem is definitely on the Roku side; however, if/when you grow tired of the passp-the-buck antics between Xfinity and Roku, there is an alternative that works.

For the record, the Xfinity app version for the 4k Max is 8.3.1.4 and the Xfinity app version for my identified  Roku is 6.14.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
phpbb
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity Audio Getting Garbled or Lost (A continuation of the Xfinity Audio Out-of-Sync issue)

Jump to solution

Update: When I made the original post (above), I failed to realize the 4k Max and the Roku units are each running  uniquely (eg, different) developed versions of the Xfinity Streaming app; therefore, I cannot say (conclusively) that the root cause of the problem is definitely on the Roku side; however, if/when you grow tired of the passp-the-buck antics between Xfinity and Roku, there is an alternative that works.

For the record, the Xfinity app version for the 4k Max is 8.3.1.4 and the Xfinity app version for my identified  Roku is 6.14.

Good luck.

0 Kudos