Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

Any update on this? Is Roku still stating that this is an Xfinity Stream App issue or are they taking responsibility? Volume issues are still well apparent and this is now over a year this has been going on. 

0 Kudos
66 REPLIES 66
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

I am continuing a thread that has been closed but still an issue even under OS 12:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Known-issue-with-Xfinity-Stream-App-Roku-external-dev...

In this thread and some of you may recognize my user name as I started the post back in November on the Xfinity forum that was also mentioned in Jimmy O's thread

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-re...

Well the blame game is continuing to go back and forth. Roku is not taking responsibility for this issue however Xfinity has tried to include this as part of the issue from 3 weeks ago that was the audio/video sync issues. These sync issues (at least for me) seems to have been solved as of 3 weeks ago as the other thread in this forum has stated, however the audio fluctuations is still rampant on a daily basis.  I need more people to complain to Xfinity to get something done.  This was the last post from an email I got from xfinity support:

"Awesome! Appreciate the confirmation, Dan. Thank you so much for all of your time and patience. So pulling up the account, I do see that our advanced tech team had confirmed the issue that you are reporting and the out of sync audio are directly related. Further research by our corporate leadership team was that there is no to be credits applied for this situation. This unfortunately is directly tied to the Roku hardware with no remedy that we are able to provide. The ticket you are able to use to reference with your specific situation is SI058742937. When speaking with anyone from Comcast you can relay that ticket number. This number will provide the status, and resolution information regarding the ticket, that will save time overall for you. We truly appreciate you as a member of the Xfinity family, and thank you again for all of your time."

Feel free to comment on my xfinity thread to keep it at the top, and bug their support so we get a fix for this. Xfinity wants us to just give up, well I am not!!!

Scarface82

Re: Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

October 2022 at least and still this is not fixed. Both companies are horrible at fixing issues. Someone grant dev access to both and I bet we can fix it. Instead lets point fingers and blame each other. To me Xfiinity or Roku should have pulled the app long ago. 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Latest from xfinity:

We have sent this up as far as our team is constructed to do, and the issue has been determined it is not something on our end. We would ask that you contact Roku as our team has exhausted all resources and determined there is no additional assistance we can provide you directly based on what you are experiencing, the issue is solely on Roku's end.

Roku is denying responsibility, so which is it????

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

I called Xfinity yesterday and they gave me another credit and added additional notes to the ticket as this rep actually meets with the software dev team and a Xfinity team that is the Roku liaison. I also contacted Roku by chat and they are to reach out to Xfinity as well. Its sad that their customers have to get involved to get meetings done between the two so an issue can get resolved. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing up your problem about the Xfinity Stream app volume fluctuations.

Please be advised that we're currently aware of the issue, and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue to resolve it.

In order for us to investigate and work with the channel provider regarding this issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team. If you have provided the following information to the previous thread, please be advised that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Roku device model: Streaming Stick+ 3810x

serial number: YH00C2816032 

device ID: 21397C816032

software OS/version: 12.0.0 build 4184-50, GC Version: 10.0.527

This occurs on the Xfinity Stream App version 6.13 all the way back to 6.09

Tracker ID 32-666-698

This will occur at random times throughout the day and or night by just watching tv and then the volume spikes to the point of cracking my speakers, or decreases to inaudible levels where it almost appears muted. 

Roku has stated this is not an issue on their end, Xfinity says it is. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dansgen1alero,

Thanks for the update and for providing the device information that is needed.

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Any update on this?  I just got the update for 12.5 this evening. Will this fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dansgen1alero,

Kindly try to perform a reboot on your device to see if the new OS fixes the issue. To do this, go to Settings > System > Power (skip if the option is unavailable) > System Restart.

Please let us know what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos