Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanlk1
Reel Rookie

Youtube - video is scrambled.

Youtube video is scrambled but other apps are completely fine. I tried deleting and re-installing and its still scrambled. audio seems to be fine.  Any suggestions?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube - video is scrambled.

@seanlk1-

Did you restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache after uninstalling but BEFORE reinstalling the channel?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have the Power option, under "Settings > System".  

If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

** On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
seanlk1
Reel Rookie

Yes I did that too. I did a hard reset of the roku clearing everything my account, everything. The video is scrambled. There is a video signal you can see blocks here and there. Its like its only getting part of the data, but even a change in resolution does nothing. 

434078736_1081321909650126_5152340693376519374_n.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @seanlk1!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention regarding the distorted picture you are seeing on YouTube and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, have you tried reaching out to YouTube's Support for further assistance? If so, we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with our relevant Roku team to further investigate your Roku player. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming YouTube. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seanlk1
Reel Rookie

Hi,

yes, I have tried Youtube Support, nothing. Below are my details as requested.

Model: 4802X- Roku Ultra
Serial # X010006V8TMR (SODA232V8TMR)
Software version:12.5.5 * Build 4174-C2

Issue ID MR-128-983

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @seanlk1.

Rest assured that we will forward these details to the appropriate Roku team to include your device in the process of investigation. Once we've been notified of updates from the team we will make sure to let you know.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seanlk1
Reel Rookie

Video is still messed up. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos