Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kite

"HDCP Error detected" shows "error 020" whenever I try to use my ROKU remote device.

This error message appears when I try to access programs using ROKU remote. If I follow the directions and unhook everything, cut power, the program will come on. But the next time I try to use the ROKU programming, I have to do it all over again. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: "HDCP Error detected" shows "error 020" whenever I try to use my ROKU remote device.

Hello @kite

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the HDCP error with your Roku device and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please be advised that HDCP errors happen when there is a problem with the physical connection or communication between your Roku and TV. Often, it's a simple matter of reconnecting the HDMI cable and switching to a different HDMI cable. For Roku Streaming sticks, and connecting to an HDMI extender.

If the error continues, review the suggestions for determining why from our Support page: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos