Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dryghor
Reel Rookie

Wi-Fi disconnected and won’t reconnect

Hi,

Sorry for digging up the topic... Or not 😄

I've got a pretty much same problem here. My Roku Premier randomly disconnect from my Wi-Fi network and won't reconnect. Sometimes it will, sometimes not.

FYI :
- The first wi-fi antenna is literraly 15cm away from the Roku Premiere, connect to 2,4GHz frequency on channel 11.
- My player is a Roku Premiere (3920EU)
- The firmware version : 12.0.0 (4184-91), I think it is up to date.
- The wi-fi is carried by a Netgear XR1000 router

Help will be much appreciated, thank you 🙂

Dry

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Mojocaos
Channel Surfer

Re: Wi-Fi disconnected and won’t reconnect

If it’s the Roku Express they have all been having connectivity issues. Once you lose signal you will have to power off the Roku and then reconnect the WiFi. Only solution that works temporarily but be prepared to do this throughout the day. I’ve had to do it 4 times while watching one hour episode. 

0 Kudos
Dryghor
Reel Rookie

It's not the Roku Express, but the Roku Premiere (I guess it is pretty much the same).

When it said " connection failed" and ask if I want to reboot the device, it doesn't reconnect either...
I have to wait a bit then it MAY reconnect to wi-fi network.

I've heard that those devices can be capricious, so we have to be patient... That's a shame 😕

Thanks for your reply anyway 😉

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Dryghor 

Thanks for the posts regarding your wireless network connectivity with your Roku device. 

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless router to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dryghor
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

Yes, I've tried this, but I don't want to reboot my entire network each time the Roku won't connect... 😄

I just use Roku for the Emby app, so when it won't connect, I just screenshare my PC via SteamLink (crazy, right ?).

Thanks for your answer but it doesn't help, sorry 😕

Dry

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Dryghor,

Thanks for the post,

We're sorry to hear about your Roku device's inability to connect to your wireless network. We are delighted to assist you in resolving the issue.

Please try selecting the 2.4 GHz band of your network for all your Roku devices and see if the connection stabilizes. If so, it could just be an interference/strength issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos