Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

evildmp
Topic Author

Lengthy delay between responses to remote control

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:33 pm

After each press of a button on the remote control, I have to wait several seconds before the Soundbridge will respond to the next press.

Everything seems to work, but there is an inordinate delay before remote commands receive a response.

Hardware: M1000

Software version 3.0.44 and 3.0.52

I've tried it in Safe Mode, restored to factory defaults, tried with and without wireless card and Ethernet cable.

Any suggestions?

evildmp
Topic Author

Re: Lengthy delay between responses to remote control

Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:52 am

evildmp wrote:
After each press of a button on the remote control, I have to wait several seconds before the Soundbridge will respond to the next press.

Everything seems to work, but there is an inordinate delay before remote commands receive a response.

I left it unplugged overnight, and recharged the batteries in the remote control, and it now seems back to normal. I suspect it was the batteries that made the difference.

Frank1998

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:31 pm

I recently had gone through the following steps with Roku tech support which appears to have fixed the problem:

Press the following keys in the following order: Home Key (press it 5 times), FF, Play, Rew, Play, FF.
this opens up a hidden system screen. Then choose update remote firmware and choose the option with the latest firmware.

These steps alone fixed my issue, but you may need to also adjust the WiFi channel settings in your router. Often router with only a 2.4GhZ setting can get mixed up with other 2.4GhZ channels in the area. I live in a condo, so I had to get a dual band router due to the plethora of 2.4GhZ WiFi networks in my area. Changing to a 5GhZ router and/or changing to a less-congested channel may also be needed, or work on its own.

rtallent1981

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am

I read all of your post about a day ago, we had been having the same problems with the remote. I discovered this by complete accident. We all know that the remotes work on wifi, when using our brand new roku TV the lag was over 1 minute, we had already been having the same issues on the 4 other rokus in the house but why the new TV. At the time both of my kids were streaming videos off of our home server, we had 4 cell phones,1 tablet, and 2 more tv's all being used at the same time. So i went into my routers settings to look at the client list. I discovered an option while I was in there that is enabled its WMM and what it does is prioritize your wifi traffic in order from Voice/cell phone, video, best effort, and background. These remotes work on background the lowest on the list. By disabling the wmm I had no effect on the steaming or voice btu my remotes all worked perfectly.